Salem - The blind kid (End)

All praise is due to Allah, The Most Beneficent and The Most Merciful. We praise Him, and seek His forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from the evils of ourselves and the mischief of our deeds. Whomsoever Allah guides cannot be misguided and whomsoever Allah misguides cannot be guided. Peace and blessings be upon the final messenger, Muhammad (SAW), upon his family and his noble companions

- Ameen.

When we went back home, my wife was extremely worried about Salem, but her worries turned into tears [of joy] when she found out that I had prayed Jumuah with Salem. From that day on, I never missed the congregational prayer in the Masjid. I left my bad friends and I made righteous friends among the people I met at the Masjid.

I tasted the sweetness of Imaan with them. I learned things from them which distracted me from the desires of this world. I never missed out on gatherings [halaqas] of remembrance, or on the witr prayer, also I would recite the entire Qu'ran Several times in one month. And I was the same person that left it for years ...

I moistened my tongue with the remembrance of Allah, that He might forgive my backbiting and mocking of people, I felt closer to my family ever than before. The looks of fear and pity that had occupied my wife's eyes disappeared. Smile never parted away from my son's face, anyone who saw him would have felt that he owned the world and everything in it.

I praised and thanked Allah a lot for His blessings.

One day, one of my righteous friends decided to travel into another country for a Dawah-mission, I hesitated a lot about going. After praying istakharah, I consulted about it with my wife. I thought she would refuse, but the opposite happened! She was extremely happy and even encouraged me.

I went to Salem, and told him that I would be traveling. He wrapped me up in his small arms and if he could, he would've kissed my head. After that, I put my trust in Allah; began with the process and Alhamdulilah everything went well.

I was away from home for three and half months. During that period, whenever I got a little bit of time, I would call my wife and talk to my kids.

I missed them so much, and oh how I missed Salem!

I wanted to hear his voice, he was the only one who hadn't talked to me since I left. He was either at school or at the Masjid whenever I called them, I would tell my wife to kiss him and and give him my Salam. She would laugh happily, joyfully

Except for the last time I called her ..

I didn't hear her expected laugh. Her voice changed. I said to her, "Give my Salam to Salem," and she said,

'InshaAllah'

Two weeks later, I went back home and knocked on the door. I hoped that it was Salem who would open up for me but at my surprise, I found my other son Khalid, who was not more than 4 years old.  I picked him up in my arms while he squealed, 'Baba! Baba!'

I did not know why, but, for some reason my heart tensed as soon as I entered home. I sought refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan and  approached my wife, there was something different in her. Something had changed, I inspected her closely then noticed the same sadness look she had on, years ago ..

"What is bothering you?" I asked her,

'Nothing' she replied coldly

Suddenly, I remembered Salem. "Where's Salem?" I asked.

She lowered her head and didn't answer to me. At that moment, the words that came out of my son Khalid, reasoned into my ears until this day ..

'Baba, Salem went to paradise with Allah'

My wife couldn't take it, she broke down crying and left the room. Later I found out that Salem had contracted a fever two weeks before I returned. The fever became more and more sever and didn't leave him until his soul left his body ...

I felt like that everything that happened to me were trials and tests from Allah, the Glorified and Exalted. I sobbed like a child as I still felt his hand wiping my tears and his arms wrapping around me ...

How sad did I become for Salem, the blind crippled one ...

He was indeed not blind!

But I was the blind one!  When I befriended a bad company ...

And Salem was not crippled for he stood on the right path!

I still remembered what he used to say: "Verily Allah possesses infinite Mercy"

Salem ...

The one whose love I was once abstained from, now I realized that I had loved him even more than his brothers ...

I cried a lot. And until this day I am still sad.

How can I not be sad?!

My guidance was upon his hands! Allah guided me through Salem.

"O Allah accept from us through Salem your Mercy!"

Narrated by Shaikh Khalid Rashid