Ch.8

Ch.8

Carter's pov

I wanted to take Harley on a real date so that's what I did. It was Sunday and she just fell asleep around 10ish but she was still in her clothes from today. She was wearing a baseball-T that said love on it with pink skinny jeans and white toms. I carried her to my car and put her in the back seat and drove. I drove for about 20 more minutes until we arrived at the destination. It was a gazebo with white Christmas lights draped around it in the middle of a park. It had a blanket on the floor and a picnic basket next to it. I set the whole thing up earlier while Harley took a shower. Casey helped me with it since she still felt really bad about the whole kiss thing. I carried Harley bridal style to the gazebo and sat her on my lap. Her beautiful eyes fluttered open and I pecked her on the nose.

"Baby, where are we?" She asks in a sleepy voice.

"On a date" I reply.

"Aww babe, I love you"

"I love you more," I whisper and kiss her on the lips they pull away "Hungry?"

"Yep" she says popping the p. I pull out 2 red cream sodas and a container of chopped up watermelon. Not really food but who cares. I feed her a piece of watermelon and she makes a mmmm sound saying she's pleased. I open one of the cans and pour some into my mouth but before I could swallow Harley kisses me and sucks the pop out of my mouth.

"Hey" I wine.

"I wanted some" she grins. Once we finish all the water melon I stood her up and she put her hands on my chest.

"Will you dance with me" I ask.

"There's no music" she frowns then I pull out my phone and hit play. The song Latch starts to play and we start to slow dance. She wraps her little arms around my neck as I move my hands down to her waist. She puts her head to my chest and we rock side to side. The song ends and Play it Again by Luke Bryan starts. I reach to turn it off but Harley quickly stops me.

"I love Luke Bryan" she starts "but he's nothing compared to you" .We stay for a few more hours making small talk until we decide to head home. We go to my house instead of hers and I carry her upstairs pecking her every step. We reach the top of the stairs and walk to my room.

"Carter I have nothing to wear" Harley complains.

"You can wear my clothes" I say and toss her my old basketball shorts and jersey. I slip off everything but my boxers and lay down on the bed watching her. She starts to take her baseball-t off then stops.

"Carter! Look away" she whisper-screams.

"Come on babe. I'm just getting a sneak peak" I wink and she blushes.

"Look away or I'll just sleep in these clothes" she points to the ones she's wearing. I finally give in and turn away. She gets dressed then says I can turn back.

"You look sexy in my clothes" I say getting up and pulling her into the bed with me. I turn the lamp off and kissed her good night. My eyes start to get heavy and I fall asleep.