Chapter 6

Maddie and I have been talking about random things in the music room for almost 2 hours.

"So what are your talents?" She asked

"Well, I play piano, guitar, drums, I sing, and dance, oh and sometimes I act too." I answered truthfully.

"Omg really?!?! Sing something please!!!!" She begged. I laughed and nod. Before I can even stand up she said "wait I have to get the rest to see this." then she rushed out of the room calling everyone.

I was scared to sing in front of them because its been 11 years since I saw them. But then again I need to take out the pain in my chest someway. I stood up and sat on my the piano chair. A minute later everyone came in. They all sat on coach that is right in front of my piano, which means I'm facing them.

Great this family is full of talented people. They can all sing, dance, and act. They're all beautiful. And me? I'm nothing compared to them.

"So Addie what are you singing?" Asked Maddie with her phone up. I'm guessing she was video taping this. So is Cher since her camera is up too.

"Well this song is by someone I don't really like. I know this because my best friend Laura is obsessed with her. She basically made me memorized this song. She made me learn how to play it in the piano too so I can sing with her. And I'm singing this now because I want to show you all who I really am." with that I started playing This Is Me by the one and only Demetria.

(A/N you should listen to the acoustic version of this song while you read the lyrics so you're right in the feels)

I closed my eyes and started singing

~

I've always been the kind of girl

That hid my face

So afraid to tell the world

What I've got to say

But I have this dream

Right inside of me

I'm gonna let it show

It's time to let you know

to let you know

This is real

This is me

I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now

Gonna let the light shine on me

Now I've found who I am

There's no way to hold it in

No more hiding who I wanna be

This is me

Do you know what it's like

To feel so in the dark

To dream about a life

Where you're the shining star

Even though it seems

Like it's too far away

I have to believe in myself

It's the only way

This is real

This is me

I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now

Gonna let the light shine on me