Chapter 21

I got woken up by my phone ringing right beside my ears.

I check the time from my bedside table and it says 7:16 AM?!?

WHO CALLS THAT EARLY!!!!!!

I declined it. I'll call the person back later.

I went back to sleep and I woke up around 8:30 AM.

I smelled food which mean either Marissa or Demi are awake.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then tied my long hair into a messy bun and wore my glasses before heading downstairs.

I entered the kitchen and Marissa turned around to give me a smile "Good morning baby" she greeted

"Morning" I greeted back.

Demi lifted up her head "Addie lo-" nope not gonna happen sorry not sorry. 

"Save it Demetria" I hissed not looking at her

Marissa handed me a plate of 2 mini waffles and strawberries at the side with chocolate syrup.

"Thanks Mar"

"No problem sweetie"

We were all eating in silence when my phone started ringing.

I didn't even bother looking at the ID

"Hello?"

"Addie?" The person from the other side of the phone sobbed

"Yes? Who's this?" I asked confused and worried at the same time which caused Dem and Mar to look at me.

"Its Joanna. Cher's mother remember?"

"OMG! Joanna! Why are you crying is everything alright?"

"It's about Cher" she sobbed again

I inhaled a sharp breathe "wha-t ha-ppe-ned?" I stuttered out putting my fork down.

"She umm *snif* *snif* tried to ummm *shaky breathe* hang her-self" then she went into a full breakdown while I sat here shocked.

Tears started streaming down my face. Marissa tries and walk up to me to comfort me but I stood up quickly which made her stop.

"You're kidding right?" I whispered because I know that if I talked louder I would break down.

"N-o" she managed to answer.

"Hey Addie this is Robert Cher's dad" he said trying to sound brave but I know he was crying.

"We found her hanging from the tree on our .. um .. backyard. She's in a coma right now."

"Oh my gosh" I whispered covering my mouth. 

I saw Marissa's laptop in the counter opened so I rushed to it.

"Okay, I'm booking a flight right now to go there."

"Addie you don't have to" he said

"No no, I need to be there" I insisted

"I'm on the next flight to go there which is in 3 hours." I said in a rush

"Okay"

"Just please text me the hospital you guys are in and then I'll take a cab from the airport to go there." I said pacing around the kitchen.

"Sure sweetie" he answered

"Okay I'll see you guys there. Stay Strong for me okay?"

"Okay. Stay Strong for us too" he replied