Chapter Twenty Three - Prince of Hell

You’d have thought having a book published would go by slowly but no. the authors already had dates planned for me to meet editors and so forth. My mind was buzzing when I got back from school. I took the stairs to my room two at a time and reached the top in record time. I walked into my room to find Athena on the bed. How predictable. She wagged her tail as I sat down and I scratched the bit in between her ears. She loved that. My phone rang and I picked up.

Hello?

Hey, Gwen, it’s me.

Oh hey Izzy.

Yeah hi

Don’t you usually text me?

Yeah but I was bored, so what you up to?

Umm. Nothing much really, I only just got back from school.

Oh sorry!

Its ok, what is it?

I’m bored.

Yeah I got that.

Do you wanna do something at the weekend?

Like what?

Town?

I’ll ask.

Okay!

Bye Izzy.

Bye!

I hung up and put my phone back on the desk. I sighed loudly and Athena jumped off the bed.

“What am I going to do tonight?” I mumbled in a funny voice.

My mum was out at some garden thing or whatever, my brother was at a friend’s studying and my dad was still at work. My story was finished and I had no idea what to do tonight. Usually I would sit in the study and write till I got bored but tonight was different. I checked my iPad and saw I had a kik message from… Nathan?! How the hell did he get my kik?! One word, one name. Ingrid. She could be a right pain in the backside sometimes. It was either Ingrid or Jacklyn. A different Jacklyn to the band Jacklyn. They were both good people but could be right pains sometimes, especially Ingrid.

Gwen I need to talk to you so answer the bloody message!

I didn’t want to talk to him even if it was via texting. He was an ass, just an ass. But because of my natural curiosity I answered it anyway.

What?

I didn’t get an answer for about 5 minutes but when it came I did not like it, not one bit.

Why do you keep slapping me or being an overall bitch to me?

I’m being mean to you?

Yeah and I wanna know why

You wanna know why I’ve been mean to you?

Yes that’s what I said

Well it’s because you kissed me and then had the nerve to say ‘oh it was nothing I didn’t really mean it’

That’s not what I said

It’s what you said in a nutshell

Fair enough. But still you don’t have to be such a bitch about it

When someone like you messes with someone like me then yes I do because you don’t know me Nathan. You don’t know one freaking thing about me and I thank god for that. Go find some other girl to mess with who cares.