Chapter Nineteen - Shopping With Friends

I woke up and saw white light streaming in from my window. Yay! Today was going to be sunny! I looked at my clock. 8:15! I never woke up this early! Well I do but not on Saturdays. I guess it’s because I spent at least an hour talking to famous authors last night. I still couldn’t believe that happened.

I put my glasses on and got up. No point trying to sleep now. I stuck my hand out of my open window and felt how warm it was. Quite hot.

Shorts without leggings or with? With or without? I kept asking myself that but just ended up going with no leggings. I was going to be outside all day anyway.

Isabelle, Kaci and I were going into town together. We were going to see a movie and then go shopping, or the other way round I couldn’t remember. I put my clothes on then rubbed my eyes. I wasn’t fully awake yet.

The runes I had painted on my arm whilst listening to John Green and J.K Rowling had faded a little. I redid them and walked downstairs. Pancakes. The smell of pancakes drifted to my nose as I walked into the kitchen. My mum was cooking pancakes.

Suddenly I’m A Freak played loudly. My mum turned around. That was my ring tone. I shuffled through the paper on the table and found my phone. I looked at the caller ID. Kaci. I answered it.

“Hey Gwen!”

“Hey Kaci.”

“So what are you wearing?” she asked.

I looked down at my clothing choice.

“Shorts, top, jacket thing and my van high-tops.” I replied bluntly.

“I meant specifically.”

“My light blue shorts, my light blue top, my light blue vans and a white jacket thing.”

“Oh! You’re hopeless!”

“Yeah but you get what I mean. I mean you’ve seen this outfit before. Or was that Izzy?”

“That was Izzy.”

“Oh yeah, she saw it when we saw Comedy of Errors.”

I thought back to the journey. We were completely mental and made some inside jokes. Eleven. I laughed as I remembered.

“What?” Kaci asked,

“Nothing.” I replied.

“Well anyway were we going shopping first and then movie or the other way round?”

“Funny you should ask I wondered the same thing this morning.” I said as my mum mouthed ‘shopping first’ 

“But we’re going shopping first.” I answered.

“Great thanks! Bye! See-ya later!” she said.

I said bye back and hung up. My mum put a plate in front of me and dropped a pancake onto it. My stomach rumbled and I dug in. Pancakes were the best for breakfast.

“It was John Green.” I confirmed as we walked into New Look. Kaci still didn’t believe me. I had told Kaci and Isabelle what had happened the previous night Isabelle kind of believed me but Kaci definitely didn’t.

“Oh it doesn’t matter anyway. All that matters is that I like that top and those jeans and I’m going to buy them.” I pointed out, pointing to a rather nice pair of high waist black jeans and a white top saying Don’t Look Now in fancy letters.

Kaci laughed and I smiled. We had all been saving up for this trip for ages. We all had £50 and were aiming to spend it all today.