Order & Chaos (Pt. 3)

"Be cool and calm," Aria instructed as she and Nozomu sat cross legged on the grass in front of the lake. "Feel the earth around you. Feel the calm of it all, the air, the water, the island,"

"Okay," Nozomu replied

Then they both took a deep breath and released. And then they started floating off the ground but with their eyes closed (not to mention Aria's blindness) neither noticed.

"It feel like I'm actually floating on air," said Nozomu

"Yeah, me too," Then Aria gasped "I'm floating! I don't feel the ground at all!"

"Huh?"

THUD!

Nozomu and Aria hit the ground. Thankfully nothing was hurt or broken other then their bums. "Are you okay?" Nozomu asked "I didn't mean to! I just can't help myself sometimes -"

"I'm fine," said Aria as she stood off "I've never been floating in mid air before. Few, maybe this is a good time as ever for a break. Where's my bag?"

"I'm holding it in front of you," he answered

"Oh, thank you," Aria took her bag and found the bag of cookies she had packed earlier for a snack. A rather sweet snack but she ate them none-the-less.

"Maybe we should quit the teachings," said Nozomu

"But you're doing so well!" said Aria

"I've only caused trouble! I already created a hail storm, sent both of us flying -"

"We weren't sent off flying,"

"But I still cause harm!"

"But if you quit then .. we won't be able to hang out," said Aria

"Hang out? What is that?" Nozomu asked

"It's when you just spend time with friends," she answered

"Friends? I'm your ... friend?"

"Of course silly!" Aria smiled.

Nozomu's chest started hurting again, but he was getting used to it. "I've never had a friend before," he told her "Everyone thought I was to weird and dangerous to hang around. Even my parents thought that, worst of all I had a price to pay for my magic,"

"You mean like how I can't see?" Aria asked

"Yeah,"

"Then what are you missing?"

"My heart, I was born without one,"

"Really?" Aria was astounded, this boy was just full of surprises. "But you're not completely heartless. I think you're nice!"

"Thanks, but it doesn't change fact," said Nozomu "Besides it's for the best, I've heard nothing but bad things about them: Heart break, heart burn, heartache, the list goes on,"

"Well you may not want a heart," said Aria "But I would really like to see. I create so many beautiful things, at least I think so, and I would like to see them for myself. And you!"

"Huh?"

"I want to know what you look like!" she smiled "Could I ... could I feel your face? That way I can at least get a guess,"

"I ... um ... okay," Aria reached out her hand, Nozomu took it and put it up against his cheek. She felt his cheek, his chin, his hair. "So ...?"

"You're wonderful!" Then suddenly she kissed him on the lip. Nozomu's chest was throbbing. "Did I get your nose?" she asked