The Sun & Moon (Pt. 1)

"I am so sorry!" Nozomu said to Koharu as they walked to the temple of night and day. "I didn't mean to do this! I was just trying to help -"

"Thank you, Nozomu," Koharu replied, trying to sound as calm as she was frantic.

"But I really didn't mean any harm -"

"I know! I know. But what done is done and I have to fix it,"

"Okay,"

Nozomu walked away, vividly upset, but Koharu didn't have time to care at the moment. How in the world did he raise the sun only half way!?!

Whenever there was something wrong with the night and day she was told to go to the temple. But of course, it never happened so she never went there. And she never met the day boy, at least some good would come out of this mistake.

Koharu marched up a staircase and to the top of the temple the same time someone else was on the other side. Then at the same time they reached the top, and their eyes met.

"You ... you must be Asahi," she said

"Yes ... Yes I am!" he replied, snapping out of his daze. "You must be ... I don't know your name,"

"I'll tell you after we fix the day," Koharu told him

"Right ... right!"

~~~~~

The sun was in the right spot of the sky! Asahi smiled then turned to the moon girl. She looked tired. "Are yo okay?" he asked

"I'm ... so tired," Suddenly the moon girl collapsed onto the ground, Asahi caught her.

How could he forget? She couldn't be awake during the day and he couldn't be awake during the night.

She seemed to be far from home, he was also away from home. But he wanted to know her name. So ... he had to wait.