Fire & Water (Pt. 1)

Water. What better power could there be? Subaru wondered this as he continued his duty of making every one of Aria's plants were hydrated. He felt exceptionally smug today as he thought about his power and how great it was.

Water! It was the medicine of the wild! It washed away wounds, made everything grow, basically kept so many plants, animals, and people alive! There the possibility of drowning, but no one ever drowned on the island. It was as perfect as -

"What is going on with the sky?" he wondered. Half of the sky was dark as night and the other was as bright as the morning.

Koharu and Asahi never messed up their duties! What could have ...

"Nozomu," Subaru sighed "That idiot,"

~~~~~

"WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE FRICKIN' DAY?!?!" Yume cried, annoyed. She was not in the mood to walk in the dark. She cursed under her breath as she lit the way with her flames.

For once? Couldn't she have one perfect day? Not were some freak messed with the systum or she set something on fire when all she wanted to do was get food! FOR GOSH SAKE!! Why did everything bad need to happen to her everyday for all her life?!!

~~~~~

Subaru investigated the strange world, still continuing his duty. There was no point is stopping to look at the sky.

Then suddenly, Subaru noticed a light. Not just any light, a fire. "Oh great," he huffed "What moron lit that?"

Subaru walked over to the meadow and saw a girl ... and she was on fire! "Hold still!"

"Huh?"

Subaru took out the fire and the girl shrieked in pain. He .. hurt her.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!" she asked as the sun started to rise "Are you trying to kill me?"

"But you were on fire,"

"YEAH!! GENIUS! HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN A FIRE POWER?!!" The girl was surrounded in flames, setting the meadow on fire.

"... No," Subaru answered. She scowled then stormed away. "I hurt her. I hurt her?" Then Subaru remembered the meadow that was on fire. "OH SHOOT!" he cried, loosing his calm.