Fire & Water (Pt. 4)

Yume and Subaru kept walking until Yume couldn't hold onto the rock anymore and she dropped it onto Subaru's foot. "Ouch!"

"Sorry!" said Yume "It's just really heavy,"

"Then why didn't we ditch it before?" he asked

"I just ... wanted to hold your hand," They both turned red. Yume sat down, the morning due hurting her. "Ouch,"

"Yume, you need to stand up!" Subaru warned "I don't want you to - you're going to get hurt,"

"But I'm tired," she said

"You need to get home quick," said voice "Yume, you've been away from home for too long," A magic figure, hovering over the ground stood before them.

"Who the heck are you?" Yume asked

"Hime, one of the four guardians of the island," she answered "Yume, you must head back home, the time you spent away from the fires and anger has cooled you down too much,"

"But I can't go any faster,"

"No, but I can," said Subaru "I wish I could take you there without hurting us" He turned to Hime "Could you -"

She shook her head "There are rules far beyond even our understanding. But I can help you,"  A bottle appear from no where. "Break this over one of your heads and the pain from touching the other will be gone for a few moments,"

"But there's only one," said Yume. Hime frowned. "Oh. Subaru you should take it, I can -"

CRASH!

Subaru broke the bottle over Yume with tears in his eyes. "Let's go," he said