Fire & Water (Pt. 2)

Yume had never felt so strange and angry! How dare he splash her with water? He didn't even know about fire powers, honestly how dumb can you get?

"At least it's over," she huffed.

Drop.

Drip.

Drip, Drop!

"No ..." Yume grumbled.

CRASH!

Lightning!

"OH COME ON!"

~~~~~

Subaru was having a crisis. On what sick planet did he live on where touching water could hurt someone?

And how could he not recognize the fire power? There are like eight people on this island, how could he not have recognized her? But ... come to think about he hasn't seen anyone on this island very much. There was a lighting guy, but he could go near him (for very good reasons) he could never recognize the animals girl (she kept changing) everyone knew Nozomu (who could forget a freak like him) Asahi and Koharu came around at night and day so everyone knew them. Aria, well he waved hello but she never noticed. Then fire. He hadn't seen her, he doesn't even know her name. Did he know anyone's names other then Nozomu, Aria, Koharu, and Asahi? There were three other people to know and he didn't know them. Wow, everyone was just introverted.

Then he saw a light thru the rain, no ... it was a fire!

Subaru quickly followed it and the the fire girl leaned against a tree, trying to avoid the rain. She looked up at him and scowled. "Thanks a lot jerk!" she said "Can't you stop the rain? I know it's you doing it! Because unlike some people, I know about other powers!"

"I can't stop the rain, I have a job to do," Subaru told her "And what do you do? Set thing on fire?"

"I'll have you know," she said as she stood up "I protect you from monsters with my flames and keep people warm! But NO ONE cares to thank me! Ouch," She got back to the tree, avoiding the rain with little success.

"Don't you have a home to go to?" he asked

"Sure, don't you?"

"Well why don't you just go there?"

"Are you completely stupid?" she asked "It's raining! And it's because of you!"

"Oh ... right," Subaru bit his lip "But you know it's not safe to be under trees during a thunder storm," She just glared at him. "Okay, you don't care. Uh ... my house isn't too far and it's dry,"

"I don't even know you! And you tried to kill me, twice!"

"Twice?"

"The rain counts!"

"Well ... my name is Subaru," he said "And your name is?"

"...Yume," she mumbled.

"Nice to meet you, now do you want to get out of the rain or not?" Subaru held out his hand to help her up. Yume rolled her eyes and took his hand.

"OUCH!!" They both cried.

They looked at each other. That hurt.

"Um ..." Subaru took a long rock "Here,"

Yume took one end of the rock and he took the other and they walked.