17

-wedding day-

"I'm so nervous" I said turning to my mom.

There was a small cabin on the edge of the scene where the wedding was taking place. I was sitting down in one of its rooms, ready for my friend Kristine to do my hair and makeup. I picked up a delicate ring that my mom had given me when I was young, sliding it onto the pointer finger of my right hand.

I placed my hands into my lap, looking back up to the mirror and letting out a huff

"You will look beautiful honey. You shouldn't be nervous on the best day of your life" my mom said smiling and caressing my arms in comfort.

I returned a smile and looked back into the mirror. A nervous smile spread across my face. As I studied myself in the mirror, Kristine walked up behind me, looking at my reflection. A big smile was plastered on her face, noticing my unease.

"You look irresistible" Kristine spoke while moving my hair behind my shoulders.

"You haven't even started yet" I let out a nervous giggle as I slouched down in my chair.

"Well you still look gorgeous" she leaned down and whispered in my ear trying to calm me down with her soothing words.

My cheeks flushed with a light pink shade as I sat up straight, ready for her to start.

I looked into the oversized mirror as Kristine spun me back around in my chair. My eyes widened as the corners of my mouth curved upward.

"Oh my gosh Kristine" my teeth were revealed through my lips

"Oh my gosh Kristine" my teeth were revealed through my lips. "You have the hands of an angle" I continued causing her to release a small chuckle.

"I'm glad you like it" she smiled walking towards my mom who was close to tears.

"You look amazing Rose" my mom walked up behind me with glossy eyes.

I turned around giving her an excited smile. She rested her hands on my shoulders as I turned back around, again looking into the mirror. My eyes started to become red and glossy, trying to hold my tears in not wanting to ruin my makeup.