006 | CHAPTER FOUR.

NOT LOOKING BACK, ASUNI ran, as if her life had depended on it. Whilst running, questions had been running through her thoughts. She thought, Who was he? Why's he running through my mind right now?. His soft brown skin, those plump lips of his and those eyes, those eyes, she thought. Not even realising that the destination her legs made her take, had landed her back home. Instantly, she had ran out of breath.

She felt hot and overwhelmed at the fact of the man that she saw, was racing through her mind right now, the way his skin lingered on to her small frail body, had sparkled throughout her mind.

It'd made her smile. She hadn't felt this way about anybody in a long time. Ever since the depart of her bestfriend and the changes she had done to herself, she's overwhelmed with the thought of the man and the impact that the man now holds on to her.

"Asuni!"

"Asuni!"

"Asuni!"

"Asuni!"

"What!" , she finally shouted

"What? I am not one of your damn friends, you come home out of breath as if you've ran a whole marathon, sweating on my damn doormat!" , her mother had said, slightly mugging her.

"Sorry Mama, I'm just so overwhelmed right now." , she replied

"Why what's wrong? Had me sending you out to be one with yourself was the wrong idea that i had for you?" , slightly concerned she asked

"No! I just...saw a cute man today. Well I didn't technically see him, I bumped into him and I just feel so hot and breathless"

"Aw baby! My baby found herself a man! Praise the Lord! Thank you Jesus!" , gracefully the mother replied

Asuni laughed, her mother really had meant everything to her.

"Mama, I bumped into him, I'm probably not even going to see him again"

"Don't say that! There must've been a reason as to why you bumped into him, there is a reason as to why you meet people, whether it's for the good or for the bad."

Mama knows best, she thought.

"You're probably right mama, thanks." , Asuni said whilst hugging her mother.

"Anytime baby, now come help me cut up some of the collard greens and put the chicken in the freezer!"

"I'm coming!"

There must've been a reason, there must've been a reason, there must've been a reason.

+

MAKING THEIR WAY HOME AFTER HAVING A LONG DAY T'CHALLA, couldn't stop thinking about the woman he had bumped into.

Her beautiful brown skin, her lips, her body, but definitely her skin, the way the sunlight complimented her skin, he thought.

Whilst Okoye continues to talk about the daily things which Ramonda had set them out to do so, he didn't seem to bother listening, the thoughts of the woman he saw, the lingering touch he had felt from her, was something that he had never felt before. Not even from his ex-girlfriend, Nakia.

"My King!"

"My King!"

"My King!"

The racket that Okoye had made, making T'Challa annoyed and irritated, "There is no need for that Okoye, just call me T'Challa."

Him not even realising that he hadn't doubted himself of the role of him being a king, had led Okoye's facial expression into a whole shock.

"What did you just say?"

Puzzled, he said, "That there is no need for that Okoye, just call me T'Challa."

"Finally! You did not say anything doubtful about yourself being King."

"Not Yet."

I didn't? Was it because of the woman I saw? Was it?

"Presumably because of that pretty woman you bumped into perhaps?"

"Pffttt! No", he answered

"My King, I mean T'Challa, I've known you ever since I was little. Now I know that when you saw her, your eyes were widened with a hint of sparkling."

"Was it that obvious?"

She laughed, "You freezed!"

"I never freeze."

"Yes you did, like a deer in a antelope."

He slightly kissed his teeth and mumbled under his breath. Was it really that obvious?

Silence had appeared between them for about 10 minutes through their journey of making their way home.

"But don't worry, there must've been a reason as to why you've bumped into her." , she'd told him.

There must've been a reason, there must've been a reason.

The two had finally made their destination home and as Okoye had been jangling the keys through the peep hole, but was struggling, it made T'Challa daze out of his thoughts and help her. T'Challa had took the keys off of her and had unlocked the door.

"Showoff."

"Hey that's what I do.", he shrugged

"Well, welcome to your home for now king, be comfortable and I shall be able to serve for you."

He laughed, Okoye is definitely the definition of strong and resilient.

''It's okay Okoye, rest take it easy."

"I shall go and unpack your things."

"Okoye no, no I'll do it myself"

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely."

She had given him her things, for him to take to his bedroom. Whilst entering his bedroom, he was so amazed with the room that he was going to stay in. The colours and landscape in this room was immensely beautiful.

When he had finished finally unpacking, he sighed of relief and laid down on his bed and went back into his thoughts again.

There must've been a reason.

+

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Apologies for not updating by the way, I had many exams, so me not updating this book for a few days was enough for me to revise and catch up on schoolwork, which I have been doing pretty well lately so I'm proud!

Before we get ahead of this note, I want you to stop reading after this to go and wish prxncessashaniii a happy birthday!! love you so much shanice, have a great day😘💗, already sent you paragraphs and wished you more at school lmao.

First of all, I would just like to say thank you to all of you and your support on this book. Like I've said, I've never written fanfiction before this book properly and the way y'all are giving me support really means a lot me and i love you all💗.

Secondly, this book is almost up to 900 reads and 100 votes?? Wasn't it just about a week ago I barely got any reads votes or even comments?? So seeing this, like I said, means a lot so thank you so much💗💗.

Thirdly, who wants to be friends? Just hmu, because i want to get to know my readers and get closer to y'all💗💗.