004 | CHAPTER TWO.

ASUNI WINFREY wasn't your typical average girl. She was more of the introverted type, never associated with anybody, unless you were her bestfriend, but when her bestfriend moved states, that all changed. Growing up in poverty and now the suburbs was enough for Asuni to think that maybe there was no purpose in her life, that she would've never met or seen her happiness.

She had the voice of an angel. She'd always dreamt of becoming a singer. Before her introverted ways had appeared, she was always complimented by on her singing.

If you were to tell her past self that she could sing, she would've thanked and complimented you. But now, she takes that as offensive and a whole lie. She really believes that she's not destined for life.

The only thing that only mattered to her in her life, was her mother. That woman was more than just a mother to her. After her 'bestfriend' left, she decided to stay close to her family and ever since she's done that, she sees it as the best thing ever that life could've done for her.

She was so trapped in her thoughts, that she didn't hear the sound of the keys dangling through the doorknob.

"Asuni!"

"Asuni!"

"Asuni!"

Asuni suddenly came out of her daily daydream.

"Yes mama?" , she finally said

"I've called you about 15 damn times! Come help me with the groceries!"

"Sorry Mama, I've just been in my daily zone lately you know?"

"What I need to know is that you'll do what I told you to do, help me with the damn groceries!"

"Alright, alright" , she sighed

She helped her mother with the groceries, just enough to stop her mother from ranting about how lazy she is, almost on the verge of calling her aunty. She'd finished helping her mother with the groceries. She wonders why her mother buys most of these stuff, when they're not even needed.

"But Suni, what's this daily zone you've been feeling lately?"

"Mama, to be honest I don't even know. I just feel like since I've changed and become this way, it's led me to become more clearer with myself and the life I'm going to face"

"Which is what?"

"That life isn't for me, that I'm not destined for happiness, or anything to be honest", she sighed

"Baby, why do you think this?"

"Ever since Leanna left, things have just changed. I just feel more lonely and shattered that I don't even know what to do."

"Oh baby don't think that way, you've still got me."

"Thank you mama."

"How about this?"

"How about what?"

Asuni's mother had given her a few cents and dollars for her to go out, socialise and do things that she couldn't have imagined her daughter to do.

"Go, be free my pretty little bird, go outside and do what you've always wanted to do."

"Even go to a fountain and make an amounting amount of wishes."

Her mother had laughed at her, "Yes, do whatever you want baby! You're free."

+

She'd went outside and felt a sort of relaxation and silence. This was something that she hasn't felt for a long time. She hasn't been out and about for long, the rushing of wind and variety scents of plants had made her feel nostalgic. This was a good feeling, she thought. She had felt one with the world instantly.

She'd cruised her way through town, shopping, eating, shopping, eating and more shopping. Doing everything she could to enjoy herself. She'd even socialise with workers, even though at the start it was hard to, because of the loss of social technique she had.

Later on, before she had decided to go home, she went to the park, watching all the little kids running around, smiles on their faces and the sounds of licks onto ice cream. She'd thought, why can't I be as happy like that again? Questioning her own happiness, after wandering around the park, she'd finally find the water fountain that she was talking about to her mother. She could imagine the nonsense that her mother would've spoken about her on the phone right now. A smirk plastered on her face, not even realising that people were looking at her crazily.

She walked over to the water fountain, taking a huge glimpse and adoration of it. She loved the structure of the fountain. It was so serene, she thought. The way the water was gushing out, heavily, yet passively. She continued to closely walk over to the fountain. She looked at her reflection in the waters, just looking at herself made her feel even more doubtful about the obstacles that she'll face later on in life.

I can't do this, she thought. The pain that has always been inside of her, continues to make her feel even more worse. She really thought that going out, even though she had begged her mum not to go out, but her mum had been insisting and the thought of her mother stressing shattered her, going out had increased her more doubtful thoughts of life again.

She rummaged through the pockets of her jacket, took out one of the cents that her mother had given her, glancing at it for a while and thought could it be? Could this cent be my only way of happiness?

Before she had thrown the cent into the fountain, she made a wish in her head. She wished, "may my sign of happiness be shown sooner in life".

She'd thrown the cent in the fountain, the sound of it splashing inside, creating an intimate effect.

But little did she know, that her happiness was just around the corner.

+

AUTHOR'S NOTE

First of all, I'd just like to thank everyone for all the unconditional love and support that you've shown towards this book, it really means a lot so thank you so much😩💓. Secondly, I'd just like to say how precious is Asuni's mother? She deserves to be protected at all costs.