008 | CHAPTER FIVE.

IT HADN'T EVEN BEEN A WHOLE WEEK YET AND T'Challa had already missed his family, especially Erik which was a shock as he really wanted to get away from him. Glancing at the photo on top of the shelf, that his mother had took of him and Shuri together, made him miss his family even more.

 Glancing at the photo on top of the shelf, that his mother had took of him and Shuri together, made him miss his family even more

Them sending me here was for the best. I just have to get better, I just have to get better, I just have to get better, he thought. Those six words continued to be present in his thoughts.

"My King" , Okoye appearing out of nowhere approaching towards him had said

"What did I tell you about that?" , slightly kissing his teeth

Okoye bows down as a sign of respect, "I'm sorry my, I mean T'Challa, I just wanted to ask you if you're ready to go out and explore even more"

"Yes I'm ready"

She takes a glance at T'Challa, sensing a sudden sort of discomfort, "You miss them don't you?"

Slightly nodding, "Yes I do."

Sighing, she said, "Don't think the worst about this, your mother wants to see you come back better and as a king."

"Aren't I already one?"

"Now that's the spirit! Keep that up and then you'll go back"

Laughing at her enthusiasm, "Yes I'll try, I'll try"

She murmured, "Maybe you'll even return back to Wakanda with that girl you saw."

Not saying anything, but hearing what she said, he thought, Maybe.

Maybe.

+

Laughter and happiness was the only thing evident in both T'Challa and Okoye's day out together.

It had made Okoye proud seeing that the king was making a change and it hadn't been a week yet. On the other hand, T'Challa had felt the same for himself as well. To forget about the pain and self-consciousness was astonishing to him.

If only Baba was here still, I really do miss him, he thought. His father may have not been seen as perfect to him after discovering his cousin and what had happened to him and how he suffered, he was still his father at the end of the day.

"T'Challa look! There's a carnival and there are lots of people there, let's go!" , not even starting his sentence, whilst being practically dragged by Okoye.

+

The sight of the carnival, practically attracted his attention. The people were mainly wearing african clothing, from red stripped to green stripped, from afro to non afro, from various kinds of food, from various kinds of people of the same continent.