026 | CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

IT HAD FINALLY BEEN THE DAY , YEAR AND MONTH EVERYONE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR. The day of Asuni's and T'Challa's marriage. The sounds of bells chiming throughout the street to alert the people that the wedding was soon about to start, horses neighing their way down the streets to pick up the soon to be newlyweds and families looking at the sight of the streets in awe because of the preparation everyone had put in.

As for the two soon to be newlyweds, their emotions were plastered on their faces. Nervousness, fear and happiness. The two had thought, is this really happening? Am I really about to marry the love of my life?

Shaking away their thoughts of pessimism and now turning them into optimism, they had both looked at themselves in mirrors in different rooms.

The tradition for this wedding was a little bit old style. They couldn't see each other until the marriage. As they both looked at themselves in the mirror they had thought again, this is the day. This is the day. You've finally found your prince/princess charming.

The two sighing at their reflection whilst preparing to get dressed by the guards and families helping at the ceremony, they'd looked at themselves one more time before hearing their names being yelled.

"Asuni! Get your ass up on over here!"

"Coming Mama!"

"T'Challa please don't make me hit you on the day that you're becoming a man!"

"Mother I'm coming!"

+

"So how you feeling baby?" , Asuni's mother had questioned her as she'd sensed a glimpse of nervousness on her face. It had been a while since Asuni had seen her mother. Last time she saw her, it was her saying goodbye to her. And now it's the day that she's getting married. Time really does go by fast.

"Mama I feel so nervous. Like I feel butterflies in my stomach." Caressing her face, she smiled at her making her return a smile back. What would I do without my mama?

"Baby you have every right to feel what you want to feel. But just know that man who's preparing is doing it for you. He loves you, he cares for you and most importantly he's got money!" Oh mama.

The last sentence she said had made her daughter laugh but return back to her normal posture, making her continue with what she had needed to say. "Just know as soon as you walk out of that door and inside of that church, you'll be one together."

"Thanks Mama." Smiling at her then kissing her mother on the cheek whilst hugging her.

"Come on baby let's continue to get ready, we ain't got time for this sentimental crying shit!"

"Oh mama!"

+

"Mfana. I'm so so proud of the man that you've become now. I know that your father had left you to deal with a lot of difficulties and struggles, but he would be really proud of you right now of the way you had dealt with things. From Klaue to N'Jadaka, words cannot explain how proud I am of you." Caressing her sons face whilst gently kissing his cheek, she'd felt her son smiling.

"Thank you Mother. I'm proud too."

"Aye brother!" Mentally rolling his eyes as he had not wanted to deal with his younger sisters annoyance again. Did I forget? Shuri had recovered from the unfortunate attack just in time for the wedding.

"Was good bro? I'm so proud of you and dat like bro, bro don't play with me bro!"

"I'm not playing with you bro." Laughing and kissing his teeth at his sisters goofiness.