Chapter 1

Aria Armstrong POV

I'm sitting upside down on my bed listening to Green day through my earphones. Dad's been gone for three months now and he's been touring Europe, its hard you know not seeing you father as much as you want and the Skype calls don't feel like their enough. Sometimes I wonder if he cares about his career more than me and Mum. "Honey someone's here!" Mum calls from downstairs and I go down to see what's up, when I walk into the foyer I see Dad standing there and I run towards him giving him a big hug. "Hey sport" he says and hugs me, "I missed you" I say and he kisses the top of my head.

"Missed you too" he said then kissing mum and i scrunched up my nose, "I'm still here save it for the bedroom" I said and they pulled away laughing. "Come on let's have dinner than we can go to bed it's late" Dad said putting his arm around mum. Mum went into the kitchen to prepare dinner and I went into my room.

Billie Joe Armstrong POV

"Hey baby what's wrong with Aria?" I asked as I wrapped my arms round Tina's waist from behind. "She's missed you and the kids at school always talking about you and it upsets her because your not around' she said. "Baby I'm sorry" I said and placed a kiss on her neck, "It's okay but you need to spend time with her" Tina said as she cut the vegetables and placing them in the pot of boiling water.

"I promise I will" I said and I saw Tina smile, "speaking of time, I have a conference in San Diego and it's for two weeks" she said turning the heat down. "Okay cool that's amazing babe" I said and she sighed, "that means you will need to take her to school and you will have time to spend time with her or you make time" she said poking the top of my forehead. "Okay" I said and she looked at me questiongly, "Promise?" she asked and I nodded. "I promise I'll spend time with her" I said, I left the kitchen and went up to Aria's bedroom and knocked on the door. "Yea?" she answered, "It's Me can I come in?" I asked and I heard the sound of furniture moving before she answered again. "Come in" she said and I let myself in.

Aria Armstrong POV

Dad opened up the door and I quickly pulled my long sleeve down covering my arms, "Hey" he said coming in. "Hey Dad" I said and he sat on the end of my bed in front of me, "so what's been happening?" he asked and I shrugged. "How's school been?" he asked and I sighed, "Hell I mean everyone talks about you" I said and he laughed slightly. "Why does that upset you?" he asked and i sighed, "they don't know your my Dad I always make an excuse that we're not related and people believe me. Plus not even my bestfriend knows your my Dad" I said and Dad looked at me slightly hurt.

"You ashamed to have me as your father?" he asked sounding upset, "No I just don't like people making a big deal because then they fan girl and they talk" I said and Dad looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry" he said sounding apologetic, "no it's fine" I said and Dad stood up from sitting at the end of the bed. "Come on dinner's ready" he said walking out of the room and I sat on my bed thinking. "Aria dinner" Mum called and I hopped off my bed running downstairs to the dining room for dinner.

At dinner we all sat at the table and the conversations were minimal, "hey Aria sweetie tomorrow Dad's dropping you off at school and in the afternoon Aunt Ruby's gonna pick you up" Mum stated and I swallowed my bite of mash potato covered in tomato sauce. "Okay mum" I said and we continued eating.

After dinner I brushed my teeth and went to bed already feeling tired, "knock knock" i looked over seeing mum. "Yea" I said and she walked in, she sat on my bed and smiled. "Dad's home now you gonna spend time with him" she said and I nodded, "Yea I will" I said and she smiled. "Awesome well get some sleep school tomorrow" Mum said kissing the top of my head and tucking me in. "Night mum" I said and she smiled on her way out, "Night sweetheart" she said and closed the door closely behind her and I fell asleep.