Chapter 14

Aria Armstrong POV

"I hope you had the time of your life" I sang as I strummed the last note on Dad's guitar before Mike peeked his head in my bunk. "Nice song" he said and I smiled looking over at him, "Where's Dad?" I asked. "resting um he wasn't feeling well" Mike said and I nodded. "Anyway want something to eat?" Mike asked and I just nodded. I hopped out of my bunk and looked out the window seeing that the bus had stopped and outside was a service station.

"How long have we been driving?" I asked and Tre peeked his head out from the fridge, "2 hours so we're stopping for breakfast" he said. We got out of the bus and made our way to the service station. Mike said he'd pay for my food so I could eat anything, I made my way over to the sweets and choose to have 3 donuts. One for later and the other two for breakfast, I used the tongs to put them in the brown paper bag. I then stopped by the fridges and picked up a big bottle of chocolate milk.

Mike Dirnt POV

I was getting Billie breakfast because lord knows he needed it because overall he looked worn out. I picked out a basket full of food also to stock up the fridge in the bus, I went over to the check out where I met up with Aria. "Ready?" I asked and she nodded before we went to pay. After paying we headed back to the bus and Billie was still asleep, "Aria can you go wake up your Dad" I said and she ran off to the bunk area.

I made waffles for breakfast and Tre came out, "Awesome" he said and took a plate before going to sit over by the TV. I then saw Aria come back but Billie wasn't with her, "where's ya Dad?" I asked and she bit her lip. "He said he wanted to be left alone and that he wasn't hungry" she said and I nodded before going over to Billie's bunk.

"Dude come on, come and eat" I said opening the curtain and he reached over and closed it. And I opened it again, "Mike leave me alone" he said and his breath stunk like alchol. "Billie have you been drinking?" I asked and he didn't answer.

Billie Joe Armstrong

Yes I had been drinking, i wasn't feeling myself. I felt low and just unstable, I was back into old habits again. Heavy drinking and smoking, I knew I had my daughter with me so I had to hide it and be strong for her. I didn't want to let her down, man I really needed to pull myself together for tonight's show. "Billie?" Mike said and I turned over and looked at him, "Geez man you look like shit" he said. "Great that's exactly what I feel like" I said closing my eyes, "dude we have a show tonight" Mike exclaimed.

"Yea I know and I honestly just feel like shit" I said, "is this to do with Aria?" Mike asked and I sighed. "Mike I feel like I'm making her life worse just being away alot" I said and he leaned up against the wall. "Well dude you aren't plus I think your just overwhelmed" he said, "Shows at 7pm so you can rest till 4pm cause then we have practice" Mike said patting my shoulder than walking off and I could hear his voice in the distance talking to Aria.

What was I going to do with myself.