Ch 28:No New Friend

JALIA'S POV

"Wendy, i just went into Ms. Rachel's office and she wasn't in there." i told Wendy the front desk receptionist. "She's on vacation for this week, but she did leave this for you." Wendy handed my an envelope. "thanks." i retrieved it from her hands and sat down in the waiting area. I opened the letter and began reading.

"Jalia, i am on vacation this week and next , so we will not be working together. Even though i am gone you still have work to do. You'll be working with patients this is a big step for you and i am sure you can handle it. Make your way to the gym and talk to Coach Green you will be working with him for the time being. Good Luck!!"

I slipped the letter into my purse. Really that's it , i thought it was going to be more but at least i can still work. I never really worked in the gym, all i know is that it's filled with athletes. I made my way down the long hallway. When i approached the double doors I pushed it open. The smell of musty men hit my nose when i walked into the moist room. I began looking around til i found a muscular bald guy, he kind of remind me of The Rock with no hair.

"*--um. Coach Green." i said looking up to get his attention.

"Yes little lady.?" his deep voice answered.

"Ms. Rachel sent me to you." i told hoping that his enough information.

He looked through his clip board. "alright come to my office."

I followed him into his white colored wall room and took a seat in the chair. He sat at his desk "alright so Ms. Rachel told me that this week you will be following me around to learn about the different equipment...she also told me that you will be working with my guys if anything goes wrong to send them to you and the other 3 internships." he said while giving me eye contact. I agreed by nodding my head to everything he was saying. "there are 2 gyms..the basketball court gym and the workout gym." he said like i didnt know that before. "come on follow me." he stood up and walked out his office. I quickly got up and moved behind me, he is so damn speedy.

"you'll be working out here in the main gym or i'll be sending my boys in here." he flipped on a light in a room. "this is where you'll be helping my players get better." he looked down and said to me. The room has a small desk in it , different small equipment's that i can carry by hand, a treatment table, and other things that i do not know where they are but will find out.

"I have another office in the courts, so if im not in my main office, or in the gym u can find me in my office in the courts." he tells me. I nodded again because he got so many damn places he going to be.

"Okay so i'l be in my office of ya need anything let me know." He says before walking off.

Before i could take a seat in the chair I heard voices at the door. "you one of the inters." i heard. I looked up and see a dude around my age standing in the doorway. "yea..do u need anything?" i asked.

"Aye man what ya-whats up Lia." Nick started to say then stopped when he seen me. "hey Nick." i slightly waved. "you met ma bra Wyatt." Nick said to him. I'm guessing that is the dude that is standing in the door way with him. "hi Wyatt." i said putting on a fake smile. "we was bout to go get some food, u wanna join?" Nick asked me. My face lit up. "yea." i answered.I looked at the time & notice it was lunch time, hopefully Green won't be mad that i slipped out. I followed them out the door and into Nick's car. Off to go get food we go.

~

"so u play basket ball too?" I asked Wyatt across from the table. We all agreed on coming to Chipotle, really i didn't care where we went as long as I got food. My appetite being changing a lot lately.

"yea" he answered back while shoving his mouth with food.

"so when is that big first game coming up?" I asked Nick, i kind of can't wait til I see him play again.

"damn..u wanna see me play that bad huh?" he said feeling himself to much.

"yea, i wanna see if u got better..ya know i use to be ya number 1 fan." I took a bit of my chicken burrito bowl.

"whaat, use to be, ya ain't no more." he smirked,

"uuuhhh..naw not more." I laughed.

"we gonna have to change dat this season." he said. He thinks we are but we ain't, i'm only Jacquees number 1 nobody else's.

"would yall stop flirting..damn." Wyatt spoke up and got our attention. I forgot that he was even sitting at the table. We kinda was caught up in each other.

"Bra get outcha feelin." Nick nudged him.

"do yalll know each other from high school or sum?" he asked us.

"yea we went to Towers high school togetha, where u go?" I asked, i miss high school so much.

"i went to Grady High." he answered back.

"bra yall school was hella lame boi." Nick said laughed.

"stop, being mean" i hit him playful. "i'm just saying though." he said calming down.

"did yall date or sum.?" why is Wyatt all up in my business though.

"yea." Nick answered proudly.

"and yo boyfriend cool dat yall hang out,..if u do have one." Wyatt looked at me.

"um..what's there to know, Nick and I are just friends" I answered truthfully, there is not nothing going on between he and I so there is nothing to worry about.

***********************

A SMALL CHAPTER BUT I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE BECAUSE IT FINALLY REACHED TO 300 VOTES..THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY THAT IS READING, VOTING, AND COMMENTING YALL REALLY MOTIVATE ME TO KEEP WRITING