chapter 14

Veronica P.o.v.

It's been a month now that Peter has been in California and roaming the country on tour. Gosh do I miss him. I just wish he were here next to me in my apartment holding me.

We skype every other night, depending on his tour dates, but we still make it work.

The following day I had to go to work in Chicago at the Shedd aquarium downtown. While working with the turtles my boss, Suzi, came in and asked me to come with her.

"Hi Veronica, how has your day been?" She asked as we sat down in her office.

"Pretty good," I respond.

"So I have been noticing that you have put in a GREAT amount of work  this past year and I'd like to reward you."

All I could think about is, it's just another raise. (Not that, that isnt great)

"The company has decided to move you to California," She says.

Oh my God... she did not just say that. When she told me I was getting moved to California I nearly shit my pants! I shot out of the seat and freaked out. "Oh my god oh my god thank you!! You don't know how much this means to me!!" I tell her extremely excited.

I finish up work that day and practically sprint home, because I have so much energy. When I get home I call up Peter saying I had "bad news".

*ringing*

"Hello Beautiful" He answers excitedly.

"So, I have some bad news about work," I say trying really hard to sound depressed.

"Oh no, what is it about? "

"I got moved to California for work."

"Aww babe its okay, I understand. Everybody gets fire-. Wait what? YOU GOT MOVED TO CALIFORNIA?!" He screams into the phone all excited.

"Yeah!" I reply

"Wow babe that is amazing! Tell me more after my concert okay?"

"Alright bye." I say.

I call up everyone else telling them the great news and get congratulated on the big transfer. That day was the best day of my life.
Brunos p.o.v
"Thank you so much for having me San Francisco! "I screamed into the mic after the concert.

We all run backstage to celebrate another amazing concert. I on the other hand run to my dressing room to undress and call back Veronica,  if she's still up. But before I pressed call, someone came into my room; I figured it was just one of my band members. I turn around and it wasn't any of them. Oh no, its Angelica.

"Hey baby great show tonight," as she barges in kissing me. I wipe my mouth and tell her to get out.

"Oh hush, you just miss me that is all," she says.

"No, I do not miss you, I hate you!  I am tired of you always trying to find your way back into my life and hoping I would take you back! Leave me NOW Angelica. " I told her with the rudest tone ever. She just turned around and left without a single word.

I look back at my phone and I butt dialed Veronica; SHIT. Right away I got a text from her,
'If you want to be back with your ex go for it. I don't want to be the thing that is in between getting heart broken because you want her back. Please don't talk to me unless you absolutely need something.'
My life paused. Wait did she just break up with me? Are we over? Please God no! I know she told me not to talk to her ever again unless I absolutely need something,  but I have to! I need her!

*ringing* straight to voicemail

I didnt want to leave a message I wanted to talk to her. I called her 5 more times back to back. Here goes number 6, *ringing*

"What?" She answers with a mean attitude.

"Why did you send me that text message; What did I do?" I asked.

"I heard that fucking bitch come into your room and kiss you! I don't want anything to do with you if you want her! All the trouble I went for you and this is how you treat me?"

"Veronica, you do not understand,"

"Then tell me!"

"I ended my concert and immediately ran to the dressing room to call you and only you. She came in kissed me and I shoved her out telling her I don't want her in my life what so ever. I love you and only you, I need you and only you! I want to grow old with YOU. I want you to be my star- crossed lover!"

"Just give me time please, " She says crying into the phone and hangs up.

......What do I do with my life? The girl I just told I love for the first time is gone. I have never said I love you to anyone besides my family. It kind of just slipped out of my mouth.

1 week later

Veronica p.o.v

I feel much better knowing that I don't have to worry about him cheating on me. I still have to call him and tell him that I can no longer be his girlfriend because I don't want to. He has called me 50 times in the past week trying to get me to answer. I refuse to pickup until I want to.

I get a call again, but it is from the postal office saying I need to come down and get items. So I drive on over there going to get a package that is probably from Mom. I get there and they ask for I.D. and my address.

"Ah here is the problem,  we had the wrong address. I will be right back out with your items," the man said to me. I stand there waiting for my few boxes gettimg ready to leave when suddenly the man comes out with 3 bouquets of flowers, 6 boxes and 20 letters. Oh my gosh who is this from? I put it all in my car and drive back home excited to open everything. I lug everything upstairs and look who it is from; Peter.

The flowers I watered, the letters I read and the boxes I opened.  The first box had an amazing dress with the price scratched out. Second one had an amazing diamond bracelet that perfectly fit me. Third had a picture frame of us and a quote on the side saying, "I need you". Fourth I had 3 sets of Beautiful earings that must have been expensive!  Fifth I got his third album, this wasn't supposed to come out till the end of the year and its only July! Sixth I got papers saying I need to go to the Chicago pet shelter A.S.A.P.; that one wasn't from him. The letters were also from him saying all of his feelings toward me and how bad he misses me. Man it has only been a week!

I get back into the car and head to the shelter curious on why they would need me.

I get there and hand them the paper I received from them. All of these puppies are so cute, wish I could afford one. The old woman smiled and told me to come with her. I follow excited to see the dogs. We stand In the hall where they keep all of them and she says, "Pick one."

"Wait what?" I say.

"I am Bruno's auntie Lisa, he payed for you to have any dog you'd like and he said not to let you leave until you have picked one. My jaw dropped and I hugged her so tight because I was soooo happy! As I walked down the hall all of them barked and jumped towards me making me want every single one of them! There was a litter that caught my eye. A mommy with 8 white/brownish huskies!  Immediately I jumped into their pen and started to play with them. I grabbed the only girl in the litter and decided to take her home, her name was Mary.

I went the front and I got a free leash and collar for my new puppy. I can't take it anymore I need to call Peter.