Chapter 15

Veronica P.O.V.

*Phone ringing*

Ayeee it’s yo boy Bruno! Leave me something I’ll remember!” *BEEP*

Uh.. What do I say? I paused on the phone for a solid 10 seconds saying absolutely nothing.

Hey Peter… It’s me Veronica I just wanted to call you to say thank you for the gifts. Soooo…. Call me back. Bye!

I hang up and sit with my new puppy on the sidewalk outside the adoption center. There is this feeling in my gut; I hate it. It’s the feeling of being worried. Why am I worried?

I get up off of the sidewalk with my NEW puppy, Mary, and walk to the nearest pet store. She is so adorable I can just squeeze her! While shopping I went to go buy her food, bowls, toys and all the main essential needed for a puppy. We purchased all of her new stuff and walked back to the car. I unlock the doors and put everything into the car, but before I could turn around to put Mary in she ran away! I sprinted down the street to go and grab her; I have never seen a puppy so small run that fast. Next thing I know some man picked her up and handed her back to me.

“Thank-you so much for grabbing her, I would have been running for hours,” I say dying of breath to the man who caught her.

“Oh no problem, my dog has done that before too,” He replies and smiles. Wow he has an amazing smile. I smile back and walk towards the car, making sure she doesn’t run away this time. I sit down in the car and right as I was about to start driving I got a text message,  ‘I’m so happy you want to talk. Sorry, but I’m with the family today. Call you tonight?’ It was from Peter! I text him back saying, ‘Sure’. I honestly cannot wait for him to call back.

Bruno P.O.V.

I finally get a break from all of the concerts and fly back to Hawaii for some family fun time. I flew back and went to go stay at my parent’s house along with all of my other family; 4 sisters, my brother and all of my nephews and nice.  I have no clue how we are all fitting in Mom and dad’s house.

I finally landed in Hawaii after 7 hours in the private jet shared with Eric. We drove to the house and greeted everyone there with kisses, big hugs and with the “I love yous”. I went to go put my bags upstairs in my old bedroom. Man did it feel good to be back where I grew up. Laid down on the bed and turned my phone on.

One new voicemail, my phone said on the front. I listen to it, it was Veronica! I freak out! Right when I was about to call her back Eric comes in, “Aye B, we are going to celebrate the family getting back together. Leave your phone here and come and relax with all of us.”

“Alright alright, lemme just shoot a text real quick,” I replied back to him. Family is always first no matter what, so I sent her a text, ‘Sorry, but I’m with the family today. Call you tonight?’ She sent me a text back saying, ‘Sure’.

I walked downstairs and spent 6 whole hours with my family. After dinner mom made me and Eric clean all 30 dishes together.

“Hey Eric, I have a question,” I said.

“What’s up little buddy?” He says.

“You know that amazing girl that lives in Chicago I told you about, that I’m crazy for?”

“Yeah, what about her?” He asks.

“Can you help me do something for her?”

Veronica P.O.V.

It was girl’s night at my apartment. Which ment pizza, candy, romantic movies, pajamas and gossip! Right as we were about to turn on my favorite movie, “Endless Love”, I got a phone call. I tell the girls to start the movie while I ran into the other room to take the call. It was Peter calling me.

 I felt massive butterflies in my stomach sprawling every inch and I wanted to scream of happiness.  

“Hello!” I said into the phone.

“Hi, so what did you want to talk about?” He asked

“I’m just going to come off the bat and say THANK YOU so so so so much for the amazing presents. I absolutely love them; especially the puppy!” I said with such excitement and nervousness. He giggled on the phone.

“Really it was no big deal. They were my…. apology gifts to say I fucked up. I love you Veronica and I don’t think I will ever stop. You make my heart skip a beat when I hear your voice or see your smile or when you laugh, UGH especially when you laugh! I don’t want this to end, ever. I am in love with a weirdo that understands me and my weirdness. I am in love with a girl who is not like anyone else in this world and I want to keep her forever.” He said almost breaking down. I didn’t know what to say, so I stuttered.

“I- I- I- Love you too Peter. I don’t know what to say to that.”

“What about, I will give you one last chance? And this time I PROMISE I won’t screw this chance up.”

“Ha-ha, alright, I will give you one last chance!” I say happily.

“YES! I really missed you and I ho-“he got cut off. All I could hear was him and a few little kids screaming around in his bedroom, sounded like he was playing with them.

I’m gunna get you! I’m gunna get you! Is what I heard on the phone. He picked up the phone again,  “ Hey I’ll try to  text you, my nephews came into my room and tackled me. I love you.” He said, sounding like he had a huge smile on his face.

“I love you too Peter.” I say smiling from ear to ear. Almost immediately after I hang up, I get a text message saying, ‘I miss you and hope I can help you move into my house;)’. Looks like I just found where I’m staying in California for my new job.