chapter 17

Peters p.o.v

"I got the last box babe done worry!" I say to Veronica.  I open one of the boxes i carried into the house. I found a picture of  her kissing another guy on the cheek in a picture frame. I tried to brush it off, but it just stuck with me.

"Ugh i hate moving, but i love it so much," Veronica said coming into the house seeing me standing there. "Hey i did pack that. Thank god."

I stand there staring at the picture,  confused. Who is this?

"Who is this?" I ask in a stern tone. She came up behind me and put her chin on my shoulder.

"My best friend. That was the last picture i got to take with him before the crash." She said sounding like she was about to cry.

I turn around feeling like a complete jerk, i grab her and just hold her telling her im sorry.

I take the photo and put it over the fireplace, "Now he will never feel out of place." I said.

It was 12 o'clock now and it was time for  lunch, finally! Veronica went out to go grab us subs from Jersey Mikes. Of course she forgot her phone at home. The phone started ringing and i answered it, "Hi this is Bruno speaking."

"Hey is Ve there? I had to ask her a few questions for this upcoming weekend. Not sure of we need more stuff for the family reunion." The male voice said. Who is Ve?

"Ummm im not sure you have the right number," i said and hung up.

Veronica came back 10 minutes  after with the subs. We sat down and starting eat. "Some guy called your phone asking for a person named Ve. I just told them they had the wrong number. " after i said that she started cracking up. She started crying, she was laughing so hard. I was really confused. "What?" I ask. She straightened herself out and said, "Babe, my nickname is Ve. Short for Veronica haha!" At that moment, i felt my cheeks become bright red.

Veronica's P.O.V

Hahaha how did Peter not know that? Then again a lot of people did not know that.

Next weekend my family and i are having another  family  reunion. I have to tell Peter soon or else he will be curious  on where ive gone.

*Bed time*

We both have taken our showers and crawled into bed. Im so happy, i don't think anything  could ruin this. Peter  leans over and kisses my head and says, "Goodnight beautiful.  Feels so good to say good night  to you in person instead  of text."

"Agree baby." I respond. He turns over and started  to fall asleep.

"Oh wait babe! I forgot to tell you, next week i will be gone up north about an hour away for a week." I told him.

He turned his head towards  me and looked confused.

"Leaving so soon?" Peter asked.

"Im really sorry, its family reasons.

"Its alright, okay  goodnight. "

I was debating  on bringing him or not. If i bring him my whole family  will freak out and be in such awe of us dating they'll forget about why we are really there. But if i do not bring him and keep it a secret, we will have a good time, maybe.

*next week*

"I love you and be safe driving  up there, okay?" Peter told me. Today was the day i leave for the family  reunion, and i am not bringing Peter.  Its a little early for the family to meet him. We kiss goodbye and i am on my way. An hour passes by; im finally here! I sprint inside to hug my family and greet them. Its been 3 years since ive seen them.

"MOM!" I scream running into her arms giving her the biggest hug ever.

"Hi honey! Oh how ive missed you so much." She says. The whole day is going wonderful. My family  is cooking, dancing, playing songs and telling old stories. I start helping my NANA cook her perfect rice and amazing soup. I hear the doorbell ring and yell at someone to get it. Next thing i know i hear this bloody scream from my mother. I drop everything  and sprint to the door. I see my mom in tears and can barely  breath. I hold her in my arms, "mom what is it  what is it?!" I ask. She points at the door.