Dreamers | Alternate Interactive AU -2-

Different decisions were made yesterday.

I see now that you were all confused?

Let me explain,

Lance and Keith are living happy every after.

That's the simple answer, the simple explanation.

They found each other after being torn apart.

However, don't you ever wonder what would've happened in a separate world, one where everything is,

different?

Welcome to the second Alternate ending.

→☻←

Lance looks away from his phone, slowly turning it off, leaving the poor suicidal boy on read.

What was he doing?

Asking if he could just walk on over to the soon to be scene of a death.

Chills ran down his spine, causing the brunette to feel sick.

But the thought of Keith jumping made the male more uneasy. Strangers or not, Lance had the job of saving him on this cold winters morning.

The tall male throws on a blue sweatshirt, and pulls on a pair of pants over his boxers.

Sleep was far from his mind at this point.

Lance unlocks his window, slowly climbing through it onto the roof. He closes the window, and jumps down, falling towards the cold ground with a thud.

He was so close now, just a couple more steps through the woods and he'd be at the bridge.

Lance turns away from the street, towards the thick patch of trees that lay beyond his large white house. He stuffs his hands into his jackets pockets, feeling his phone vibrate with every new message.

However, his hands were too numb for him to respond.

So maybe, he started to run a little quicker, his breath quickening with every new step because he was afraid that Keith was about to jump.

He didn't even know this person, yet he was running to them like his own life depended on it.

"Keith, please be alive when I get to the bridge." Was all Lance could muster as his lungs heaved. He runs through the last bulk of trees, and immediately the bright moon hits his face.

And there Keith is, sitting on the bridge, in the hole his father went through all that time ago. His legs were dangling off of the side like a child, and he was smiling while looking down at the water. And then he spoke, "I don't know why I thought that I could be saved." He lets his hand go, and then he begins pushing himself further towards the end of the bridge. However, Lance yells. So loudly that the sleeping birds are woken from their slumber. "Keith!" His voice echoes through the forest. And then the boy turns his head, and Lance feels his world crumble.

Everything flooded through his mind within seconds, as if the missing piece of a puzzle was finally found and restored.

Lance walks towards Keith, as tears stream down his face.