Chapter 12

A/N: OK so this chapter is longggg its over 7,000 words so I'm really sorry if that's a turn off for some of you. I just didn't find a good cut off spot for it and there was so much info to put into this chapter. I hope you enjoy it!

Draco opened his eyes and they were met with the morning sunlight shining through one of the curtains in his room. He squinted a bit as it hit his face and blinked his eyes a few times to adjust them. He thought back to the horrid nightmare he had last night and how real it all felt. He let out a soft sigh and then turned his face away from the sunlight and followed it to the other side of his bed where he saw her. Ginny was fast asleep in his bed beside him and her fiery red hair was being illuminated by the rays of sunlight. He couldn't take her eyes off of her until he felt something warm in his hand and looked down to see her holding it. He just stared at it for a moment and tried to think back to last night when Ginny made her way into his bed. He sat up and pulled his hand away, making her stir in her sleep and start to wake up.

She gave a quick yawn and stretched out across the bed and opened her eyes to see him looking at her.

"I told you to sleep on the couch," he snapped.

"Sorry, you were having a nightmare or something last night so I..." she trailed off when she saw he was uncomfortable with the fact that she witnessed one of his nightmares...again. "Uh, anyway, thanks for letting me crash here, I really-OH SHIT! I HAVE TO GET TO WORK!" she quickly yelled, jumping out of bed and grabbing her clothes from last night.

She quickly ran towards the door and then stopped to turn and look at him. "I'll be back later, maybe you can try and look through your file today?" she suggested to him.

He just looked at her for a moment and then gave a small nod. She gave him a small smile and then a quick wave goodbye before she apparated home for a quick shower and a change of clothes.

Ginny made it a point to change back into her dress before she got back home and then walked into the kitchen of the Burrow to see everyone's eyes on her. Her mum and dad were at the table and to her surprise Percy and George. She saw her parents give a snicker and she rolled her eyes as she walked past them to make her way upstairs.

"I see your date went well with William?" Molly asked.

"I know what you guys are thinking and that's not what happened. I just spent the night out and NO, it wasn't with William," she snapped.

"Then where were you?" her mum asked; this time some concern in her voice.

"Mum, it's nothing like that, please don't push this," she said, running her fingers through her hair wildly in frustration.

She watched her mum exchange a look with her father and then she nodded.

Ginny went to walk away when Percy called out to her. "Hey, Gin, no hello?" he asked, pretending to be hurt by her lack of acknowledgment.

She just looked at him, "Hello," she said sarcastically and then her eyes drifted to George, who locked eyes with her. Her heart felt like it was going to burst into a billion pieces as she thought back to the hurt look on his face that day in Harry's office. "Hey, George," she said quickly with a wave hello. "I'm late for work," she mumbled before quickly exiting the kitchen.

Ginny was running at this point through the Ministry to get to work even though she was already late. She quickly opened the office door and took a seat in front of Harry's desk without even looking at him and started to apologize.

"I'm sorry I was late, I overslept and I tried to get here as soon as I could, but-" She stopped speaking when she noticed it wasn't Harry sitting behind the desk but Cho instead. "Oh, where is Harry?"