Chapter 6: The Start Of Something Either Really Good, or Really Bad.

Tonight we had all decided we were going to go out on the boat again. I wasn't as nervous about Niall getting drunk though, because I was more comfortable around the guys now.

"So are we drinking tonight?!" Niall asked excitedly.

I laughed. "Yes babe."

He draped his arm over my shoulder and kissed the top of my head. I was so glad that things were back to normal with us. Niall had been so sweet lately he'd distracted me from Harry, whom I was trying not to think about. No matter how hard I tried, I would catch myself staring at him or standing too close to him or even just thinking about him.

"Well everyone go get dressed, I'll get the boat ready." Liam said.

Since tonight was the first time we'd went drinking in 2 weeks, I decided to go all out. I put on my red Hollister bikini and the thin white coverup. My loosely curled hair fell past my shoulders, I wore a cherry red lip stain to match my swimsuit and did my makeup to make my light brown eyes stand out. Taking one last look in the mirror, I walked out to the boat where the other boys were waiting.

"Okay, I'm ready."

To be honest, I expected Niall to say something, but he didn't. He just took my hand and helped me onto the boat. I wasn't upset with him though, that'd be a stupid reason to get mad. Liam quietly started the boat and we were off to the island. Harry was sitting on my left and I flashed him a quick smile, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear. When we arrived at the island it had just gotten dark outside.

"Time to get crazy!" Zayn yelled, hopping off of the boat.

Me and Harry stayed behind to throw the anchor out and drag out the cooler.

"I don't know if anyone already told you, but you look beautiful tonight." he said quietly, his cheeks a light pink.

"No they haven't, thanks Harry."

I was touched that he noticed, but I didn't do it for him. And the one guy I did it for didn't notice. To take my mind off the thought, I cracked open a beer and we joined the others on the sand.

"Wait, it's ok if I get drunk tonight, right?" Niall asked as if he needed my permission.

"Yes Niall, but when you're sick tomorrow I'm not gonna babysit you!"

"Ok thank you babe!!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled before wading out about knee deep in the water. To my surprise, Niall joined me not long after.

"Hey," he said, taking a sip of his 2nd beer.

"Hey."

"So I just wanted to tell you, I'm so glad you came on this trip. I know we hit a little bump the first night, but I'm having a lot of fun. I couldn't imagine being here with anyone else."

"I'm glad too. This has honestly been the best 2 weeks of my life. But, I should probably tell you something..."

"What is it?"

"Well on the night that we left, my parents.. They uhm they told me that I couldn't come back home. They kicked me out.."

"Rae... I'm so sorry... I would tell you you could stay with me, but that apartment is just temporary.. And my parents would freak out.."

"Yeah, my parents freaked out when I told them I was coming to Bora Bora, but I did that for you. For us."

"And look where that's landed you."

I couldn't believe he said that. Just a couple weeks ago he'd told me he loved me, and now he was blaming me for getting kicked out.

"I-I thought you told me if I ever needed anywhere to stay you'd always be here.." my voice trembled and my chin quivered.