25

woo guys thank you so much i was getting so many notification sabout how i should update and how this book is so good stopp you guys are too kind :')

agh so here i am, trying to write another page of this "amazing" book :)))

thursday, one day before the snowball

i decided to stay home because one; i am still kinda emotionally unstable from yesterday and two; 

my mom said the police contacted her and there were results on tony so we could go down to the station to get some closure.

police station

we were invited into a completely empty room other than one table and two chairs. my mom and i sat down next to each other.

then an officer came into the room and sat down across us. "good morning. i am officer jupa and i was assigned to this domestic abuse case"

he stuck his hand out and shook both of ours. "we have been able to locate the suspect, although we are unable to bring him here right now, according to state laws"

he continued. "we did, however, have a license to look through his things and question him, and our results are positive. we have proof that he is guilty, and that is what we need to put him behind bars"

my mom nodded. "you will be able to sue him, and this is a special occasion, so this does not need to go to court, but a lawyer is needed"

officer jupa finished. "i have a lawyer, should i call him and tell him to come over?" my mom asked.

officer nodded. "yes, then this will be easy to deal with" the whole time i looked down and played with my fingers.

the policeman noticed me and leaned forward. "im sorry for what he did to you" he nodded towards me.

i looked up, trying to hold my tears back, smiling because of the clear sympathy.

...

my mom's lawyer, marvin, arrived. "i came as soon as possible. officer, we will need the evidence before we are able to file a lawsuit." 

"okay, i will call the receptionist in." he then took his walkie talkie out. "dorothy, we need all the items on abuse suspect tony hackett" 

a few minutes later, a stout lady opened the door of the room, carrying a box and laptop, handing it to the officer.

"thank you dorothy" he nodded. she nodded in response and walked out. lawyer marvin patted the box. "i will take this to my office and look through it"

"thank you for this, officer jupa" my mom looked up. he nodded and smiled in response.

...

back at home

school broskis

gaten: dude where r u

finn: why didnt you tell us you werent coming today

y/n: not something to explain over text,, meet everyone 4, my house?

sadie: what happened?

millie: i'll be there

gaten: ^

finn: ^^

caleb: count me in!

y/n: thanks

...