Chapter 18

-You know when people say they're sorry after someone close to you has died, it never really helps. You have to stand in that stupid line and hug or shake peoples' hands as they say that 'they're sorry for your loss'. You're sorry? Oh. Okay.-

"I don't care anymore, Phillip. Do what you want. I don't want to do this anymore."

"What did you say to me?" Phillip yelled and pushed me backwards. I stumbled but held my ground.

"I don't want to be with you anymore."

"That's it? You think you get to decide when we're over. You don't. You don't have any say." His face was turning red.

"Are you listening to yourself, Phillip? You can't just take my choices away from me. I want you to leave." I walked over to my front door and opened it. When he didn't move, I took a deep breath and said, "Now." He stared at me for a second before he started to walk towards it. I held my breath as he passed by. He was almost out the door when, in a flash of movement, he slammed it shut and pressed me up against the wall by my throat. I gasped for a breath and strained against his grip. My vision was starting to blur.

"Phillip-" I wheezed.

"You think that you really get to tell me what to do?" He pressed my throat tighter. "Do you?" He bellowed, his spit hitting my face. "Answer me, you bitch!" I shook my head. Phillip threw me down on the floor. I tried to scramble away, reaching for my phone. I grabbed it just as Phillip took my foot in his hand and pulled me backwards. I dialed 911 but before I could press send, he ripped it out of my hand. He looked possessed. Dear God, please help me. I silently prayed. His laugh sent a chill down my spine. "You really think I'm stupid, don't you?" He leaned down close to my face. Before he could say anything, I spit into his face. Phillip was taken aback for a second. He wiped his face off and then got on top of me. "You're going to wish you hadn't done that." He held my arms above my head and when I tried to kick him, he came down with a stomp on one of my legs. I heard the snap before I felt it. Burning fire of pain up my leg and then spreading through the rest of my body. I let out a scream of pain and Phillip punched me. Pain- and then a world of black.

***********

Sorry it's short guys, but I wanted to have a few shorter chapters in the book. Writing the abuse scenes are hard for me, having personally experienced abuse and having friends who have. I hope and pray that if any of you find yourself in that kind of situation- whether physical, mental/emotional, or sexual abuse- that you get yourself out. And don't tell yourself you deserve the abuse, because you don't. You are beautiful and a child of God. Take back your life.

God bless you all!

-B