Phil

Dan cried for 2 hours. He was laid down on the couch with his head resting in Phil's lap. Phil was tenderly stroking Dan, trying to calm him down. Phil wondered what had gotten Dan so worked up but he decided not to pry. He knew better than anyone that when you're sad, crying is the best way to regain emotional control. Dan's sobs slowly settled to a low whimper. He lifted his head and met Phil's warm gaze. Phil looked into Dan's gorgeous chocolate brown eyes that were glossed over with tears.
"What happened Dan?" Phil said sternly but with extreme care. Dan poured his heart out. He told Phil about the cheating and the lies and the yelling and the anger. He tells Phil about his concerns for the future of his family. Phil offers as much comfort as he can but, he knows it isn't what Dan needs right now. Dan needs to get all his feelings out. Dan needs to rant. When Dan is done he is out of breath and tired.
"I'm sorry Dan that is a tough situation." Phil says, patting Dan on the back. "You can stay at my house if you want. I know you probably don't want to go home right now. You can borrow my clothes and we'll call our schools so we can stay home."
"Thanks Phil. I think i just need to collect my thoughts and gain some courage." Dan says with a half smile full of gratitude.
"Of course. Stay as long as you want." Phil attempted to blow up the air mattress. But, the thing was so old and full of holes, it popped. They had no other options so they agreed to share Phil's bed. They took turns in the bathroom and climbed into bed facing opposite directions. Dan fell asleep from shear exhaustion. Phil, however had a lot more trouble sleeping, he was too worried about Dan to sleep. He stared at the ceiling and thought about Dan. Then, all of a sudden Dan rolls over in his sleep and nuzzles up to Phil. This startled Phil at first. His skin tingled where Dan's warm figure pressed against it. Phil gently rests his arm across Dan's shoulders and fell into a deep, contented slumber. Inhaling the precious scent of Dan.