Phil

Phil was worried for Dan. But, he tried not to let it show because Dan needed him to be strong. Dan needed a rock and Phil had to be that rock. Phil looked down at the shaking figure that was desperately clinging to him. He gently stroked his hair. Dan looked hollowed out and pale. Like the world had repossessed his soul and now he was just empty. Phil wanted to keep him safe for all eternity. He just didn't know how. Phil thought about his own problems. His inability to be truly happy, his soul-crushing darkness, his prison-like mind. He thought about Dan. How Dan didn't need to worry about these things right now. Still Phil couldn't help but think about the darkness consuming him slowly from the inside out. Phil began to cry. Cry for Dan, cry for the darkness, cry for the future. Dan seemed to take notice because the arms around him tightened their grip. Then they were just two hollow figures, crying and desperately clinging to each other. When they pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes, all Phil thought about was kissing Dan. He wanted every inch of the brown haired, fair skinned boy in front of him. But, Phil didn't want to add to the pressure already burdening Dan's shoulders. They heard the faint sound of a door opening and closing.
"Shall we?" Phil said standing up and extending his hand invitingly. Dan took it and the two trudged down the stairs.
"Dan? Is that you? Come to the kitchen we need to talk." Phil saw Dan tense up at the mention of his name. His mom. Phil thought. He gave Dan's hand a quick squeeze. Dan looked at him and smiled. Taking a deep breath they walked hand in hand to the kitchen.