Dan

Dan woke up wrapped in Phil's arms. Dan did not know how he ended up intertwined with Phil. Phil's embrace was warm and, safe. Though he had no wish to leave, Dan somehow managed to disentangle himself and reluctantly saunter down the stairs. He had no idea what time it was but when he got downstairs Phil's mom walking around getting ready.
      "Oh hello dear, I didn't know Phil was having friends over. I am his mother."
      "Hello Mrs. Lester! I'm Dan. Phil said it was okay if I stayed over."
      "Oh of course sweetie! Phil's told me so much about you!" Phil's mom said in a cheerful voice. The two chatted and laughed about Phil for 15 minutes before Phil's mom had to leave for work. Dan stayed on the couch and scrolled through some dank memes and shortly afterward, Phil woke up. His fringe was ruffled from sleep and his eyes were a little red around the edges. He looked fricking adorable. Dan's heart fluttered when he saw him. Phil sat down next to Dan so close their legs where brushing against one another. The contact sent shivers down Dan's spine.
      "How are you feeling Dan?" Phil asked with the utmost care and compassion.
      "Better, thanks." Dan replied with a quick smirk. "I think I just needed to sleep on it."
      "Are you sure you want to go home tonight? You can stay over again. We can swing by your's and grab your stuff. It's up to you." Dan would have loved to stay with Phil. Phil's house gave him a sense of security that his house couldn't offer him anymore. If he could, he would stay safe in Phil's warm embrace forever. But, he knew he'd have to face his parents eventually.
      "No thanks, mate. I think I'll go home after lunch."
      "Alright, as long as you're sure." Dan nods with as much confidence as he can muster. The two ate breakfast and played Mario Kart in silence. They took turns in the bathroom and Dan changed out of Phil's pajamas and into yesterday's clothes. They ate PB&J's for lunch and Phil drove Dan home. Even though Dan lived within walking distance, Phil didn't think Dan should be alone right now. And Dan didn't want to be alone either. When they arrived, no one was home, thank God. Dan suddenly became very apprehensive and his breaths became rapid and shaky.
      " Hey. Hey. Dan, look at me. It's alright." Phil said in a soothing voice taking Dan's hand in his. Dan looked up into Phil's gorgeous blue eyes and calm washed over him. Phil's eyes are like two serene pools of water. The stillness in Phil's caring eyes calmed Dan's nerves. "Do you want me to come in for moral support?" Phil asked kindly. Dan nodded and the two climbed out of the car and walked hand in hand up the driveway. Phil watched Dan grab the spare key and put it in the door with his hands shaking violently.
      The door clicked and swung open to reveal the bleak interior of Dan's house. Though this place is his house, it didn't feel much like a home anymore. More like a shelter from the world than a place for Dan to thrive and prosper. It was kinda ironic how Dan's safest place became his darkest nightmare in such a short time. In the last two days, Phil's house had been more of a home to Dan than his own house had ever been.
      Phil led the way into the house. When they were safely inside, Dan shut the door behind them. Phil turned to face Dan.
      "Where do you want to go?" Dan pondered this for a second. All the rooms contain bad memories. The lounge reminds Dan of when his mom had probably lied about going back to work. His parent's room. The place where his mom proved how little family meant to her. Even the place he stands right now, was where he last stood frozen, watching his parent's relationship fracture. There was only one remotely safe place for Dan in the whole house.
      "My room." He said. Phil practically dragged Dan upstairs and they plopped themselves down on Dan's bed. They sat in awkward silence for about 5 minutes. Just holding each other's hands.
"You can go if you want." Dan said finally. "I know there is other stuff you'd probably rather..."
"No! Dan no." Phil cut him off. He took both of Dan's hands and forced him to look into his eyes. "I am here for you. There is no other place I'd rather be." Phil said with a smile. Dan threw his arms around him, tears welling in his eyes. No one had ever cared about him as much as Phil did. Phil is the most caring person Dan's ever known.
Phil made him feel like he has a place in this vast universe.