Dan

Phil. The only word on Dan's mind for the rest of his shift. He kept glancing at the clock. Waiting. Begging. All Dan wanted to do at that point was text Phil. He just met him, but he felt like he'd known him for ages.
When Dan's shift was finally over he ran to his car and drove home in a happy daze. He looked up at the mirror. It had been too long since he smiled, really smiled. 4 hours of knowing him and Phil was already bringing out the best in Dan. When Dan arrived home, he realized his Mum had yet to arrive home. This would usually bother Dan but it was ok since he was too excited. His dad was at work so Dan had the house to himself. He ran upstairs and jumped onto his bed eagerly unlocked his phone and began typing.
Dan: Hi
Less then one minute after the text was sent there was a reply.
Phil: Hi
Dan: You answered very quickly. Were you waiting for me to text you?
Phil: Noooooooooo... ;D
Dan: Lmao. Your such a dork. :)
There is an awkward pause. Both of them are worried about what the other is thinking. Phil doesn't know what to say, his heart is beating fast. The smiley face makes him blush a nice rosy pink. No one has ever called him a dork and he would probably take it as an insult coming from anyone else. But coming from Dan it seems like the hugest fucking compliment he has ever recieved. He blushes harder. He is immediately glad Dan can't see him through the phone.
Phil: I have an idea, let's play a game!
Dan: Ooooo. What kind of game ;)
Phil: Not like that you weirdo! It's a game where I ask a question and we each have to give an answer. But about the other person.
Dan: Sounds fun! Can I have an example.
Phil: Ok. Let's say the question is: What would they have a YouTube channel on? And if I were talking about you I would say... crippling existential crisis! Got it?
Dan: Got it. And FYI that would totally be the main premise of my youtube channel.
Phil: Ok. The question is: If they became famous, what would they be famous for?
Dan: Hmmmmm...
Phil: Got my answer! You?
Dan: Got it.
Phil: Ok say your answer in 3...
Phil: 2...
Phil: 1!
Dan: Starring in the next emo/rock band music video
Phil: Starting a campaign to give the world a hug
Dan: wtf?! What makes you think I'd give the world a hug?! 😂
Phil: Well what makes you think I like emo music?
Dan: You look innocent, don't get me wrong. But, I did see your tattoo on your way out of the store
Phil: Oh.
Dan: Yeah
Phil: Well you got me! I LOVE emo music.
Dan: HA! I knew it! But I still don't know why you think I want to hug the world.
Phil: I'm good at reading people. You hide behind a wall of depression and existentialism to the point where you've got yourself believing that you're just a sad, lonely person. But, if you look past all that and get to the real Dan inside, all you see is a teddy bear, worn, torn, and somewhat broken. Deeply in need of a hug.
      Dan is beaming and blushing a furious shade of pink. Phil is the only person who understands the real Dan. The version of himself he tries to hide. And that makes Dan happy.