Dan

Dan and Phil had been dating for a full month now. Dan was the happiest he had ever been. The two of them brought out the best in each other. Phil's darkness hadn't been as all consuming since he and Dan began dating. Dan was finally able to show his real emotions, instead of pretending to be the depressed figure everyone thought he was. Dan was happiest when he was with Phil. They had finally become comfortable enough to tell people about their relationship. Dan had introduced Phil to his friends last Saturday. Phil had introduced Dan to his that Sunday as well. Their friends were fully supportive. This only increased the strength of their relationship. Dan and Phil became each others safe place. They were currently cuddling on the couch, half making out, half watching netflix. Dan felt an overwhelming need to be close to Phil. As he held his boyfriend, it felt like they were two puzzle pieces, simply made for each other. Suddenly Phil pulled away just enough so his breath was still warm on Dan's neck. He pulled Dan into a tight hug and began crying. Dan wasn't sure what was happening or what he should do, but he knew he had to be there for Phil. He looked Phil in the eyes. Before he could even ask the question, Phil was answering it. Clearly glad to have someone to talk to.
"I feel insignificant. In this vast universe. Where do I fit in? Why am I here if I'm not meant to do something?" Phil admits, tears still fresh and rolling down his cheek. Dan looked at Phil with disbelief. How could such a beautiful and vibrant being think these things? Dan takes Phil's hands and tilts Phil's head up to face him. He began by kissing away Phil's tears. He then moved to hi lips and tried to kiss away the sorrow.
"Phil, you are special. Many people are going to tell you that. But what I tell you is that I was afraid of happiness until I met you Phil. You brought colors to my world. Colors I didn't even know existed. The grass is greener where you walk. The sky is more vibrant where your gorgeous silhouette touches it. You, are gorgeous and important and..." Dan leans in to whisper the next part. "I love you, Phillip Michael Lester."
"I love you too, Daniel James Howell." Phil replies with a half smile. He still looks unsure of himself. Dan takes their intertwined hands and presses them to his chest, so that Phil can feel every beat of his heart. Dan disentangles their hands but leaves Phil's hand resting upon his chest. Phil is staring with wonder at his hand. Dan makes eye contact with Phil. They stare at each other like this for what seems like ages. Dan finally gathers the courage to speak.
"My heart beats for you."