Thirty-Three: Revierderby

"Babe, wake up! It's derby day!" Leon shook his girlfriend awake the next morning.

Much to Emilia's day, her boyfriend didn't stay the night...again. The couple had resolved their disagreements the previous night, and Emilia was ready to move on and enjoy this special day.

"I'm up, I'm up," The redheaded raised her hands in surrender as Leon jumped on top of her.

The footballer began tickling her sides as Emilia squealed under his touch. After a few moments, he buried his head into her neck, leaving a path of wet, sloppy kisses from her collarbone to her lips.

He hovered her, his curls falling onto his beautifully sculpted face. Emi pushed them back which caused Leon to grin at her. "I love when you play with my hair," He pecked her lips gently.

"Hm, well you're in luck then, Goretzka," Emilia hummed in satisfaction as Leon kissed her more forcefully this time. She raked her fingers through his hair as the kiss got deeper.

Leon's hands made their way down Emilia's body at a tantalizing slow pace before landing on her hips. She tugged on Leon's hair, pulling her body closer to his. A few moments later, Leon's moments ceased.

He detached his lips from her slowly, as if he wanted them to linger there a few moments more. His eyes met hers, and he looked as if he was searching for some sort of answer in them. "Promise me something," Leon whispered, his left hand cupping Emilia's face.

"What is it?"

"That if anything were to ever happen to us where we wouldn't be together, you'll always remember the good times between us. There's nothing more that I want in my life than to have you in it Emi, but for some reason we would break up, you'll always remember the connection we had. Promise me that."

"I promise, Leon. But why are you bringing this up?"

His eyes saddened for a second before he shook his head, snapping himself out of his funk. "I just care about you so much, but I know the realities of my world. It's a vicious one, with people constantly pitting people against one another. It doesn't matter if it's a fan against a player, a girlfriend against a boyfriend, or a random girl trying to come between a relationship in the media...I don't want you to look back and regret this relationship. It makes it a million times harder because you live so far away, but I genuinely wouldn't change what we have for anything else, Em. You're special to me and I—"

Tell her you love her. His conscience begged him.

"I-" Leon stuttered again as he peered into Emilia's brown eyes. "I really, really like you."

Chicken.

"I like you too, Leon," Emilia gave him a peck on his pink lips before pushing him off her. "Sap time is over though. Time to get ready for the Revierderby. I'm so excited!"

"More excited to see me play, or to see Christian Pulisic play?" Leon teased, leaning back on his elbows, watching his girlfriend get dressed.

He had to admit -- he was enjoying the view. Emilia was currently shimmying out of her 'Get Stoned' shirt from her school, and threw it over to Leon.

"Aye, a little striptease before my big match, I like," He crooned, still watching Emilia.

"In your dreams, Goretzka."

"That's where you always are, Schneider," Leon retaliated, and in response, Emilia gave him the finger.

She then slipped on a matching white, lace lingerie set. Seconds later, a high pitched whistle echoed in the room. Emilia turned around hastily, hands on her hips. "Leon Christoph Goretzka. You did not just catcall me."