Chapter 9: The One They Seek

[Mark]

"JB!" I shout for the nth time. "Where are you, man?"

I stop on my track and heave a sigh, feeling tired. I've been searching for our King for quite a while now but there's still no sign of him anywhere. I already swept the whole 2nd floor of our mansion and even asked the maids around but still, no JB.

"Aishh!"

I head downstairs and find Bambam and Yugyeom playing some video games while sitting on the floor of our spacious living room. They are shouting while elbowing each other as one of them tries to beat the other.

"Yah, have you two seen our King?" I ask the younger ones but no one answers.

The kids just keep playing around and shouting at each other. I'm starting to get annoyed. I head to the game console and yank it away from the outlet. The boys shout their protests.

"Hyung! I was about to win that game!" Bambam grumbles.

"What are you saying?" Yugyeom scoffs. "You meant, me. I was winning that one."

"Yah!" I roar. "Aren't you going to stop?"

The two boys have gone silent. They are now looking down, feeling ashamed of themselves but they are still glaring at each other secretly.

"I asked you a question." I say, my voice dipped with warning.

"Did you try looking for him in the library?" Yugyeom asks, scratching his head.

I roll my eyes. "Of course but he's not there."

The library was actually the first place that popped up inside my head when JB had suddenly gone missing. Our King has been obsessing over the WHEEL ever since he accidentally hacked into the King's Tower's server. I don't know what exactly he found that day but JB had spent a lot of his time researching about the WHEEL ever since.

"Pfft." Bambam snickers. "But did you try looking in the restricted section, though?"

I pause. Stupid me. Of course, JB would go there. He considers that part of the library as his study area. The boys might've seen my expression since they exchange knowing looks with one another. I just roll my eyes at them before leaving the room to head for the library.

"You're welcome!" Bambam shouts from behind, sounding sarcastic.

I enter the library and head straight for the restricted section. I open the wooden door and find JB, sitting on his high chair. In front of him are books and papers sprawled all over his mahogany desk.

"There you are!" I exclaim, taking a seat on one of the chairs in front of him. "I've been looking all over for you."

"It's your house, Mark." JB smirks. "You should've known where to look."

This huge mansion actually belongs to me. You see, i come from a rich family and after my parents discovered i became a green clansman, they immediately gave me this house for me and my fellow clansmen to live in.

"Why are you here, Mark?" JB asks, his full attention is still on his research. "You've been sitting there quietly for a whole minute now. Do you need something from me?"

"It's about the Reds." I finally open my mouth. "Are you sure you can trust them? What if they tell anyone you're researching about the WHEEL? If this goes out and it reaches to the Gold King, we're all dead."

"Calm down." JB raises his head. "The Reds don't care about that. They're too narrow-minded for that kind of thing. What's more important for them right now is their revenge."