Chapter 21: Sought After

[Song]

A few minutes after Jay and Bobby left, two familiar figures suddeny barge into our headquarters. There's Chanyeol from the Blue clansmen who is trying to support the injured Baekhyun, his fellow clansman by lending him his shoulder.

I immediately rise to my feet while Chan, our maknae follows behind me. I raise my hand, stopping Chan from moving any further.

"What happened?" I ask Chanyeol while staying on guard.

Chanyeol groans before finally collapsing to the floor. He's breathing heavily while tilting his head upward.

"We— we were betrayed." Chanyeol huffs, still catching his breath.

"What?"

Just then, we get suddenly showered by a series of gunshots. We duck, covering our heads.

"What's happening?" Chan yells. "Who are they? Why are they attacking us?"

I growl before turning to Chanyeol. "Explain yourself."

"Sentinels." The Blue clansman answers. "Yang Hyunsuk declared himself as the new leader of Hue city."

"Shit." I curse before turning to Chan. "Keep your head down."

I light my hands on fire and throw it towards the group of sentinels who're attacking us. We hear them scream before returning us with another batch of gunshots. Chan decides to help by setting the nearest trash can on fire.

I turn my head to where the Blue clansmen are hiding and see Chanyeol protecting Baekhyun. I frown.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask.

Chanyeol pauses. "He can't use his COLOR right now."

"What do you mean?"

"Well." Chanyeol looks troubled. "A sentinel fired his gun earlier and—."

"He was shot?" My eyes widen.

"Yes but it's not an ordinary bullet." Chanyeol answers. "It's some kind of an injection. There's something inside it that rendered Baekhyun weak."

I glare towards the direction of the sentinels. Could it be? Men have finally found something they can use against us. Just then, i notice one of the sentinels eyeing Chan. My gut feeling has forced me to push Chan out of the way before our attacker can even pull the trigger.

The two of us hide behind the counter.

"What are we going to do now?" Chan shouts over the loud gunshots. "Those customized guns are bad news!"

I looked over where Chanyeol and Baekhyun are and they're also waiting for my answer. I groan. Why me? I suddenly frown when our surroundings has gone quiet. The hair behind my neck suddenly stands. I peek and immediately widen my eyes upon seeing a tank positioned just outside the shop.

"Everybody, get down!" I shout, pushing Chan down with me.

A strong canon fire from the tank blows us away, burying us under the shop's debris. It was so strong that it made the two Blue clansmen to lose their consciousness. I groan, shaking my head. I suddenly jolt upon remembering Chan. I look around and see him lying not too far from me, unconscious. I suddenly feel weak, my energy, drained. The relief i felt upon knowing our maknae is alive washes over me.

"Find the girl and bring her to me."

A voice says. I try opening my eyes. It's still kind of blurry but i'm sure it's Seungri, one of the sentinels in-charged of the WHEEL who's taking command.