Chapter 15: The Targetted Jisoo

[Jisoo]

The blue haired guy is wearing a mask. When i try narrowing my eyes to study his key features, he suddenly grabs my neck and lifts me up until my toes can no longer reach the ground. I struggle to breath, clawing my way out of his grasp.

"Pl—please." I beg. "Can't—can't breath."

The guy lets me go but goes for my rib, kicking it. I hit the wall and land on my back. I gasp out of pain and shock. My vision blurs. I try to shake off the grogginess away but the guy kicks me again. This time, on my head. I scream.

"Please." I cry out. I can already feel my blood, trickling down on my face. "No more."

The guy only laughs. He grabs me by my hair and forces me to stand up. "You should have thought that before you sold me out to the Reds."

The blue haired guy then kicks me on my gut, sending me flying across the alley. I summon all my strength and begin crawling much further away from him but my assailant catches up with just three steps. With his long strides, it won't matter how far i'll crawl, he'll just catch up to me.

"Where do you think you're going?" The blue haired guy pulls my hair, dragging me back to where we were.

I'm crying while holding on to his wrist to lessen the pain on my head. The guy lifts me up and starts choking me. I struggle. I try kicking him. I even claw and punch him but nothing is working. I just watch him smile while draining the life out of me.

"Any last words?" He sneers.

"Yeah, i do."

Just as i am about to lose consciousness, i hear a voice coming from behind us. Then, i smell something burning. The blue haired guy quickly jumps out of the way, letting me go on the process. I drop on the ground with a bang.

"What are you doing here?" The blue haired guy asks, confused.

I open my eyes and see a shadow standing in front of me. I try tilting my head upward and finally able to meet my rescuer's gaze.

"B—" I choke. "B.I."

The Red King is staring down at me with his furrowed eyebrows. "You look like shit right now."

I try to laugh but it comes out gurgled. I think i might've hurt my rib pretty badly.

"Can you move?" B.I asks, his expression unreadeable.

"I don't think i can right now." I wince.

"Alright then." B.I then turns to glare at the blue haired guy, squaring his shoulder as if stretching it. "Just wait for me there. This won't take long."

I haven't realized i'm already smiling. I think i'm just relieved that someone arrived to save me. This is different from when the Blue King came and saved me from my hostage taker. When i saw B.I standing between me and the blue haired guy, i felt secured. Maybe i trust the Red King more than i know.

"You're August D., right?" B.I asks casually. "When i heard about your description from my clansmen, i immediately ran here, assuming you'll come for her for selling you out."

The blue haired guy clacks his tongue then smirks. "I didn't know i'm that popular. Did you perhaps follow all of my exploits in the underground world?"

"Of course i do." B.I smirks back. "I know how a criminal mind works. Afterall, i used to be one of you."

"What did you say?"

This is also my first time hearing this. So, B.I was once a criminal? When? I can't help but get curious. Did it happen before him becoming a King?