Chapter 23: Going A Little Bit Too Far

[Jisoo]

I wake up with a jolt. I've dreamt about the WHEEL again. And those men. Why am i always dreaming about those two? According to what i've learned, one of them is supposed to be the Silver King, Lee Jongsuk as what the Green King had told me but the question is, why me? Why am i the one dreaming about it? What's so special about me that the First King's memories have chosen to embed themselves in my head?

Argh! My head's hurting. I need something to drink.

I get up from my bed and head outside my room. I can't help but scrunch up my nose as soon as the sewer's fowl odor reaches my nose. Well, i can't actually complain about it. Chanyeol took the liberty of finding us a place to hide and this is where he led us. The city's underground sewer.

"I can't believe he made me stay." I hear Bobby whine as soon as i'm out of my room.

"Who?" I ask.

"Oh? You're awake." Song greets.

Song got hurt from that day the sentinels came to attack the Red clansmen's headquarters. Two days have passed and he's okay now and that goes for the Blue clansmen's Byun Baekyun too.

"Yeah." I say, grabbing myself a glass of water. "What is Bobby whining about?"

Song rolls his eyes. "He's upset because he got left behind."

I frown, looking around. "They're gone?"

Song nods. "B.I and Chan went out to gather some information. The Gray King also left to find his clansmen. The Blue clansmen's Chanyeol is accompanying him. Jay  on the other hand decided to return to the shop just in case our guys will show up there."

"I see."

I fall into silence, my attention turning elsewhere. Song may have noticed it since he nudges my leg.

"Hey, you alright?" Song asks, frowning. "You look distracted. What's bothering you?"

I bite my bottom lip, hesitating. "I need to go somewhere."

"What?" Song's eyes widen. "Jisoo-ah, you know very well that you're the one everybody's looking, right?"

I stare at him desperately. "I have to go. There's something that have been bothering me lately. I need to know it for myself."

Song sighs heavily. "Where is this place then?"

"The City library."

"But that's too far from here." Song complains once again. "Isn't that going a little bit too far? No matter how i think about it, it's still a very bad idea to go out there."

"Then, someone will just have to come with her." Baekyun appears from his bedroom, fidgeting. "You know, just in case something doesn't go well."

Song frowns at the Blue clansman. "Great. Nice encouragement by the way, just like what we need." He turns to face me once again. "Jisoo-ah, that place is crawling with sentinels right now."

"Pfft. Since when did we become so afraid of those fucking sentinels?" Bobby scoffs, earning himself a frown from Song.

"Since they've finally found a weapon that can be used against us." Song makes his point.

There's silence that follows. Baekhyun grimaces, remembering that day he got shot by the TI gun. He couldn't use his COLOR for almost a day not to mention the pain it caused him and it gives everyone the shiver.

"I'll go." Bobby immediately stands, raising his hand while smirking. He looks at me and winks. "Don't worry. I'll protect you."

I smile, feeling grateful.