Chapter 11: The Green Clansmen

[Jisoo's Dream]

"Jongsuk-ah." Soohyuk smiles at the boy sitting in front of him.

The two of them are now inside the hut, a new home Soohyuk found for him and his student to live in.

"Doyeong." The twelve-year old boy insists. "You should call me by my current name, samcheon."

Soohyuk raised an eyebrow. "Samcheon? I can't believe you're calling me an uncle now."

"Well, we can't let the others know of our real relationship." The boy says. "Any information regarding the WHEEL is still a bit sensitive and not to mention valuable."

"You're right." Soohyuk nods, agreeing.

"Where is it now, anyway?" Doyeong asks. "The WHEEL, i mean. Aren't you supposed to guard it and keep it somewhere near you?"

"You don't have to worry about that." Soohyuk smiled. "Did you notice that tower earlier?"

"You mean that tall building which is still in the middle of its construction?"

Soohyuk nods. "The WHEEL is tucked inside safely. I made them build that thing specifically for that."

"Oh, that's right! You're the current Head of this city." Doyeong remembers. "That's incredible! You've achieved so much while i was gone."

"That's not true." Soohyuk frowned. "I'm just doing my duty as a King and guardian of the ancient relic. You're the one who gave me this job, remember?"

Doyeong grimaces. "I didn't give you that job because i wanted to. It was because you're the only one who can and has the power to do it."

"I know." Soohyuk says. "You don't have to remind me."

"Speaking of the WHEEL, do you still have our research papers about it?"

Soohyuk frowns. "I thought it burned down along with the research lab. Why?"

"Just making sure. No one except for us should know about this breakthrough." Doyeong said.

The two of them fall into silence until they hear a ruckus coming from outside. Soohyuk smiles affectionately.

"That boy is really something." Doyeong remarks.

"Yes." Soohyuk agrees. "I found him walking around the streets with no one to take care of him."

"And what made you decide to take him in?" Doyeong asks.

"Something is compelling me to look for a successor."

"What do you mean?"

"I hate to admit it but since that incident sixteen years ago, my health had been deteriorating really fast." Soohyuk smiles sadly. "I'm afraid i'm about to reach my limit soon."

"And you think that boy is qualified to take your place?"

"He's a good kid." Soohyuk answers. "I've already taught him the basics. He's quite versatile for his age. He's the best candidate to take over my job."

•••••

[Jisoo]

"Jisoo."

I can feel someone shaking me and when i open my eyes, i see Jennie's concerned face.

"We're here." Jennie says.

I blink before looking around. She's right. We're already at our dorm. Lisa and Rosé already got out from the car, leaving only me and Jennie inside the taxi.