Chapter 3: Neutral Territory

[Jisoo]

Finally! My first day of school is here and i pray to all the gods out there to grant me a peaceful stay here at Hue City.

I face the mirror showing my reflection as i brush my hair. You see, I woke up early in contrast with the other girls. They're still sleeping as if what happened yesterday is just a dream. Well, me? I'm still a bit shaken to be honest but i willed myself to just forget about it and move on.

"Jennie-ah." I shake the younger girl. "I'm leaving."

"Mmm." Jennie moans. "Take care, unnie. Enjoy your day."

"Okay, i'll see you later."

I hurriedly leave and take the elevator. The school building itself is just a fifteen-minute walk from our dorms and i consider it a lucky break. I finally reach the main building and proceed inside the teachers' lounge.

"Are you Kim Jisoo?" The teacher asks.

"Yes ma'am." I nod while smiling.

"Here's your schedule." The teacher hands me a piece of paper. "And i already assigned someone to guide you while you're here."

"Uhm~ what?"

"Kim Doyoung-ssi!" The teacher ignores me and calls for someone instead.

What is wrong with her? Is she really that busy to the extent of ignoring a new student like me? I mentally scoff. A boy suddenly enters the room. He has vibrant, purple hair and a friendly smile. He notices me.

"This is Kim Doyoung." The teacher introduces. "He's one of the student buddy council so you can ask him anything."

"Hi." I offer my hand. "I'm Kim Jisoo. Nice to meet you, Kim Doyoung-ssi."

"Please, call me Doyoung." The boy shakes my hand. "And the pleasure is all mine."

The two of us are now on our way to my first class. The boy is so friendly that i'm actually enjoying his company. Doyoung graciously tells me the things i need to know including the locations of the washrooms. He also tells me stories about our teachers and what to do in case i piss one of them.

"Here we are." Doyoung stops in front of a door. "Room 3H."

"Thank you Doyoung." I smile.

"It's nothing." Doyoung smiles back. "I'll come again later to fetch you for your next class."

"You don't have to." I tell him. "I'm pretty sure i can already find my way to my next class."

"It's fine, noona." Doyoung smiles sheepishly. "And besides, i enjoy talking to you."

"Alright then." I laugh. "I'll see you later."

Doyoung finally leaves. I check the time using my wristwatch and thank god! I'm still ten minutes early. I take a deep breath before opening the door. I gulp and i suddenly feel my nervousness eating me up inside when i notice that there are already more than half of the students' population in there.

I start biting my bottom lip and try sneaking my way towards one of the vacant seats at the back. All of my classmates' eyes are glued on me and i can't help but wonder why. They're all looking at me like i've gone crazy. They also have these horrid looks that i can't seem to shake off. I look around and finally notice that no one's actually sitting near me. I flinch when i hear someone yawn behind me. I turn around slowly. There are actually two guys sitting behind me.

The guy with the dark hair and handsome smile stares at me. He blinks, seemingly surprised of my presence. He suddenly smiles, looking amused. The guy beside him who's clad in a hoody seems to be asleep. I immediately look away, not wanting to offend the two of them.