Part 8

Today is my second month I've been working as Christian's PA. My job is better than I dreamed and our Dom and Sub relationship is just getting better with time and I am kind of glad I extended the time period. He is really teaching me so much, but right now I have to put the weekends play out of my head for now as we are driving downtown Seattle to go sort out a personnel strike at one of the sites. I am handling all Christian's calls while he has an intense meeting with the company board members.

The press is all over this and all I can tell them at this stage is that there is no comment at the point in time. It was around twelve PM when I started to feel really tired. How does Grey do it? Keep up with everyone's demands day in and day out. I looked at the clock while some other reporter yells at me from the other side of Christian's phone. It's one PM already, where has this day gone already. They have been in the boardroom for over five hours now. I got a few platters delivered with some bottles of water.

The company secretary Romanda and I ordered some platters for the board members and she helped me to quickly place everything on a table with the bottles of water then cleared out so they can work things through. My phone and Christian's phone was quiet for about an hour or so over lunch time. Giving me enough time to gather my bearings for the rest of a rough day. Christian's phone later rang and it was his mother.

'Ana. So nice to hear from you. Is Christian around?'

'Sorry Grace, he is in a meeting all day now. Can I give him a message?'

'Yes, please dear. It about Sunday, Mia will be back and I would like to have you both over for dinner.'

'Oh, that is nice, but wouldn't you want some time alone with just the family?'

'None sense, Elliot is bringing Kate along and by all the stories Elliot tells, it sounds like you and Kate are best friends.' What? Kate, what have you told him?

'Yes, she is my best friend. I will give Christian the message.'

'Thank you, darling. Have a nice day.'

'And you as well. Bye.' We hung up and I made an appointment in his schedule. Romanda later gave me a nice cup of tea. What a nice sharp woman. I scheduled Sunday's dinner into his schedule. I got a few things to work through and e-mails to respond to.

'So what is it like?' Romanda asked me.

'What's, what like?'

'To work with Mr. Grey, 24/7?'

'Tiring, let me tell you. But there are moments that everything is nice and I really enjoy what I do.'

'It shows.' She continues with a smile on her face as she drinks her coffee. I gave her a smile back and finish my tea. By four PM the board members adjourned and we head back to Grey House for another budget meeting. Christian for the first time in the two months I have known him looks really exhausted. His eyes are bloodshot, on our drive back to Grey House he took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

'Your mother phoned, she wants us to come over on Sunday for dinner, Mia will be back then. She wants everyone there.' I saw him do something I never really saw him do before. He shrugged. 'I tried to get out of it but she insisted we both should be there since Elliot is bringing Kate.' He looked at me.

'You don't want to go?'

'No that is not it. I just thought since Mia was gone so long that it should just be the family.' He nods his head in understanding. We arrived back at Grey House and I almost kissed Andrea when we got there and she has already ordered snacks and juice for everyone, and have already set out everything for the meeting.