Part 7

At five, thirty PM I set out with my packed bag for the weekend and drove over to Escala. I was stuck in traffic and arrived at Escala after six PM. Christian was not back yet when I arrived and a new face of Christian's security detail came out to greet me. I told him I know I am way too early but I wanted to beat the traffic before it gets too bad. I head up to my room and got my bag unpacked for the weekend. 

I lay down on my bed in my weekend room and just stared at the canopy bed ceiling. I later turn on my side and looked out over grand Seattle outside. Clouds are building and the last bit of blue sky is slowly being covered by the building gray clouds. My head is starting to hurt again and I drank something for it. 

I head to the bathroom across the hall from my room and drank my painkiller with a glass of water. I felt dizzy too. Come on Steele, breath. The doctors did tell me if my headaches increase and I keep being dizzy that I should go back to hospital. I head back to my room and as I pass the doorpost of the bathroom I held on to it, shutting my eyes tightly, hoping that the spinning will stop soon. I vaguely saw someone walking down the hall towards me. I briefly saw Christian's face, he jogged towards me, when he saw me.

'Ana?' He wraps his arms around me.

'Christian, I am so dizzy all of a sudden.'

'Come. Come lay down.' He helped me to my bed and sat on the edge of my bed. 'You're early.'

'Yeah, I wanted to avoid traffic.' He nods his head and whips a loose tendril from my face. 'How was Dr. Flynn?'

'Full of questions and intrigue. Nothing new.' He answered. 'Since when have you been like this, baby?'

'Since this morning. But it was nothing compared to now.'

'Have you drank your medication?'

'Yes, that's why I was in the bathroom.'

'Close your eyes, and get some rest.'

'I am sorry.'

'Sorry for what?'

'For being a burden on you all the time. I am sorry.'

'Ana, you are not at all a burden to anyone. So please stop apologizing.' He spoke cocking his head to one side as he spoke to me.

'Okay.' So I did what I was asked and close my eyes.

'Good girl. I'll be back later to check in on you.' He got up and close my room door behind him as I fell asleep. Later that evening I felt a bit better and went down to eat my saved dinner. I finally met Mrs. Jones. What a lovely lady. Christian was hardly working in his study and after I ate my dinner without him looking over me making sure I clear my plate all the time, I actually enjoyed my food in this big old penthouse for once. I knock on the door of his study and he was on his phone and working hard on his computer at his desk.

'Yes, Andrew we can talk to legal about that... Uhmm... yes-yes-yes. Of course, we need it and if they found a better way to help us save some money then why not. Yes, I'll get in touch with Ivan on Monday. No- Well lets rather take the right steps... Okay, keep me informed.' He end's the call and turned to me where I sat in the chair watching him.

'How do you feel?'

'Better.' I smiled as he walked closer.

'Good. Have you had dinner yet?'

'Yes, Mrs. Jones helped me. You?'

'I already ate.' I just slightly nod my head. 'Come I want to show you the rest of the penthouse.' He held out his hand for me to take and I slide my hand into his. He held my hand as he showed me three other bedrooms besides mine and his own, there's a library, slash TV room underneath the playroom, on one end of the room is a full-scale billiard table and on the other is a whole wall of rare books and by the TV on the opposite wall, rows and rows of DVD's with a PlayStation and Xbox.