Part 16

We arrived back at Escala and there was shattered glass all over the foyer. Taylor ran out with his gun in his hand pointed away from us.

'Mr. and Mrs. Grey please stay in the elevator we have an intruder in the penthouse we are searching in every corner of the penthouse. Christian held me behind him in the corner of the elevator. Shots were fired inside and Christian turned and held me protectively. More shot where being fired. Taylor ran towards the gunshots.

Half an hour later Taylor came back and fetch us saying that it is safe to leave the elevator now. Ryan was shot in the arm and a few other shots were left in one of our walls. We got Ryan treated. An ambulance was called for him and the police. But before the police arrived Christian and Taylor with Sawyer searched the guy that laying tied up and unconscious on our living room floor. Mrs. Jones as white as a sheet was standing in the kitchen. I walked over to her.

'Mrs. Jones, are you alright?' I asked her.

'Yes, Mrs. Grey I am, Ryan hid me in our panic room when he saw the man coming up in the service elevator.'

'Good I am glad you are alright.' I spoke rubbing her shoulder. Christian stood up and the anger on his face was clear as he clenches his jaw. What now? Taylor showed him a note he pulled from the unconscious man's pocket. He read it and his face cloud over completely, and I know our wonderful day just came to a crushing end. I just couldn't take it anymore and head towards our room.

I just sat on our bed staring mindlessly out the window. What would have happened tonight if we were here? I can't afford to lose Christian, he really is everything to me. What if I lose him for real? Oh, god then they can just kill me as well on the spot. My heart won't be able to take it if something is to happen to him. Just the thought of it is unbearable as it is. Silent tears stream down my face as what could have happened here tonight.

'There you are? I have been looking everywhere for you.' Christian walked over to me where I just kept staring out the window. He walked around and kneel before me. He saw I'm crying and pulled my face so I would look at him.

'Ana are you alright?'

'I don't know. I've been shacking like this since the shooting and I feel cold but most of all Christian, I can't lose you. Tonight was such a shock to my system that I realize even at the thought of losing you will drove me to join you.'

'Hey, no one is going anywhere and nothing is going to happen to us. Do you hear me, Mrs. Grey?'

'Yes, sir.'

'But if you must know Ana if that jerk did kidnap you like he wanted. Know this baby, I will never in a million years stop looking for you till I find you and kill your kidnappers with my bare hands.' After he declared his love for me anew, he pulled me into his arms. He just held my shaking body. He later got me into a hot bath and my freezing body started to stop shaking.

I washed then got out and ready for bed. Christian had to leave and make sure the police have his statement and they took the kidnapper away. I was laying in bed when Christian came back and just held me in his arms while he cooed me to sleep. I fell asleep and jolt awake with bad dreams every twenty minutes or so. The last time I jolt awake I notice Christian had a bath and was dressed in his PJ bottoms.

'It's okay baby. Go back to sleep. You're safe now.' I finally fell back asleep and slept till morning. But I am so tired. I got up and Christian was in the bathroom shaving. I use the facilities and then looked at myself. I had dark rings under my eyes. Oh, great a blue Monday. I got ready for work and we will be heading out to Portland by car this morning, and we will be flying back. I got my make-up on and finish dressing while Christian just lay on our bed watching me get dressed. I step into my shoes and was searching for some earring from my jewelry box. I found the ones I wanted and put them in my ears. I stood in front of him.