Part 17

On the jet back to Seattle I started to feel really funny, like when you stomach picked up a bug and I think if you saw Tokyo anything is possible. I was nauseous all the time and have a bad headache. Christian was very concerned about me. Ros even looked worried. When we finally got back to Seattle, I was sent to the doctors straight away. I was finally sent to Dr. Greene's office and she did a few in office test and scans on me and I was shocked to what she found. Christian was with me and he even turned as white as a sheet beside me as he held my hand. Oh, no.

'Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Grey, it looks like you are going to have a baby.'

'Th-thank you, doctor.' I spoke in the silence of the room. I look back up at Christian and he was clearly in shock. She worked out my due date and it was really around the corner, she said something near the end of May next year. We head to the office after my appointment and yet Christian has not said anything, not a single word.

After work, we were driven home and Christian just lock himself in his study with a bottle of scotch. Great now I have to deal with him in a drunken way. I have never even seen him drunk before. Taylor assured me he had the spare keys to all the rooms of the new house we are now living in. That was a bit of a comfort. I ate dinner alone and then went about my own business.

'Don't worry mommies little Blip. Daddy is just getting to term with your existence little one. But mommy and daddy both love you so very much.' I spoke to my slightly grown belly. I was sitting on the couch when Grace and Carrick pop around just to say hi. They saw me and I gave them our great news and then told them that Christian has not taken this news as well as I thought he might. Carrick got the key from Taylor and went to talk to Christian in the study.

Grace was so excited that they are going to be grandparents. We talked and made some nice tea and talked while the guys are sorting out some things in the study. Dinner was almost ready and I invited Grace and Carrick for dinner. Okay, Carrick was still in the study with Christian while Grace and I had dinner. Hours later the men emerged from the depths of the study.

Christian looks so drunk, but he looks way better than when he did before he head into his study. The guys sat down and ate and without wine, just water at the table the men ate their dinner, while Grace and I just watched 'the blacklist' season five on TV. I rarely watch any form of television. After Grace and Carrick left, Christian came to sit with me. Place his hand on our growing baby, then looked at me.

'I'm really sorry baby. I didn't mean to leave you alone the way I have. I was just...'

'Shhh... It's okay. I knew you will be freaking out about this.'

'No, it's not okay, Ana. I really am sorry for my behavior towards you. Dad had a long- long talk with me and I came to realize we can only do our best and work from there.'

'That is all we can do.' I spoke with tears in my eyes. How can I ever thank Carrick enough for talking so much sense into him? 'You do know I might be freaking out more than you Mr. Grey.'

'Why is that, Mrs. Grey?'

'I am scared of the delivery and everything that might go wrong.'

'Nothing will go wrong, baby. We'll make sure of that okay?'

'As you wish sir. There is only one thing I am glad about.'

'And what is that, Ana?' He cupped my face.

'That I didn't get some of those awful Asian illnesses.'

'Yes, I am glad about that as well. You really had me worried.' He spoke and then kissed me with his alcohol mouth. That would have been nice if I didn't felt so sick by the smell of the strong alcohol on his breath. I dart into the guest bathroom to be sick. He was at my side holding my hair out of the way. Afterward, I washed my face and just sat on the toilet lid, trying to regain my faculties.