m; chapter 3

[margo's chapter]

x

AFTER TODAY'S SESSION I think I deserve a drink. "Danny!" Nina pops her head around the kitchen door while I sort out tonight's meal. One night a week I cook...it's a healthy meal—mainly because I'm not ready to cook a full roast with trimmings. I love to cook, but it just so happens that I'm not the best.
   I take a large gulp of my red wine and place it down on the glossy white counter besides me. "Yeah?!" I shout over the sizzle of the diced up chicken breast.
   "Jade is here!" Not that bitch.
   Let's just say that because Nina is popular in the modelling community, she has a lot of model friends—of whom are just like her. So when these friends stay over they're like a clone of Nina...which isn't a bad thing.

   The struggle is real though.

   I turn down the coolers heat, it's up way too high. I don't want to make the chicken taste like rubber again—or give us food poisoning like it did a couple of months ago. Before Nina can probably take the piss out of me being stressed, Jade pops her head around the door, standing besides Nina.
   "Well there's a sight for sore eyes." Jade laughs—one of the most dirtiest sounding laughs ever.
"Leave him alone bitch" Nina loudly laughs as they end up pushing each other. I'm not gonna lie, even though Jade isn't that attractive—it's still pretty fucking hot watching them play.
But then Nina shrieks as Jade puts her in a headlock. "Ohmygod—" I can't say that without a smile. I must look creepy because I sure as fuck feel like it.
"Dan!" Nina yells while getting her own back as she literally slams Jade into the counter, sending Jade flying backwards on the white marble floor and taking Nina with her.
While they both laugh besides each other, rolling around on the floor, I ditch the glass of wine and pick up the bottle.
"Seriously babe." I mumble under my breath giving her a scolding look.
"I'll be fine!" Nina giggles. With that and me becoming anxious every time Jade gets heavy handed I unscrew the cap of the glass bottle and flick it off. It lands somewhere by the cupboards besides the literal empty walk in fridge. Instead of finding it I chug the wine down.

I can't believe how Nina clearly doesn't give a fuck. My band mates can tell whom usually wins all the fights out of both of us. Unbeknownst to them it's always a tie. Probably why our relationship has lasted so long is because we're both good fighters.
"Hey, babe—" I quickly say as I start to put the salad out on the plates.
Nina didn't hear, they're still both lying on the ground in hysteria. "I'll get the lettuce out of the fridge then" I walk around the counter island and literally step over Nina.
"Why are you such a bitch?!" Jade laughs as I go to the fridge and grab the iceberg lettuce out of the drawer compartment.
"Oh, I know. Let me answer this!"
While I climb over Nina again she grabs my leg and yanks me backwards. I laugh holding the ball of lettuce above my head so it doesn't get dirty. "Go on then sugar daddy, do enlighten us." Jade teases. I mean it's not like I'm prehistoric or anything, I know she's a younger girl and what not but it isn't the worse case scenario ever.

I don't even have that much money as they both think I have.

"Well—" I cut myself off as I literally try to shove Nina off of me without toppling over on her.
My mind suddenly goes blank for a second, she's done so many bitchy things that it's hard just to pick one. "I mean—" again my voice trails off which is pretty frustrating.
"Let's go off topic here and say that you are so much worse than me." My eyes widen, even though I think that was an offensive come back from Nina, I still smile.
There's some truth in that.
"Like how?" I roll my eyes as I start to strip the lettuce and place it on the plate. It's quite a bland meal considering we forgot to do a big shop this week. But it's healthy for Nina and for now her health is all I care about.
"Like...oh...I dunno, when you slagged that fan off and then you immediately apologised for your 'awful but accurate' behaviour." That's when I feel my voice tremor with a nervous laugh.
"Remember when you lied about being a virgin? Let's just remember about that. Shall we? When the dude caught butt naked fucking on the bathroom sink and you blatantly denied it?" Jade makes a comical 'oh' noise as Nina sits up slightly.
"I found god that day—" we both cringe at the thought of that traumatic memory.
"Yes right Virgin Mary." That's when Nina's eyes widen as so does mine. That could've been close if Jade was actually paying attention.
I didn't know that they check the changing rooms every half an hour.
"Or the time where you deliberately didn't go to the NME awards because you was sulking that you wouldn't be the centre of attention?" I grit my teeth together and shake my head while I remove the diced chicken from the frying pan with the big red rubber spoon.
"Cat got your tongue?" She is such a fucking bitch saying that in front of Jade. I mean. That's such a fucking dick move.
"Dinners ready." I slide her plate in her direction on the island in the middle of the room. Thankfully it stops before falling off.
"Oh—" Nina looks at the plate, pointing her finger towards it. Oh god, what now?
"What I actually came in here to say was that I ordered us pizza...surprise!" She grits her teeth together while shimmying her hands in the air.
"You've got to be kidding me?" I moan tilting my head backwards.
My hard work. My fucking decent looking bland chicken meal! Me trying to prove that I can be a caring person — that she needs to be healthy in her condition. "You know what I'm gonna eat this instead of Pizza. I've got my fashion launch coming up and I need to loose a couple of pounds." Jade then jumps up off of the floor and pulls her jeans up eating what was supposed to be Nina's dinner.

Well that's just fucking brillant.

x

[this is jade.]

]