d; chapter 8

[dan's chapter]

x

dan's point of view

   NINA HASN'T SHUT UP. From the minute she's woken up she a complained about everything. "Do my boobs look bigger?" That's when Kyle fucks up. Instead of gracefully playing the low nights it suddenly goes high. Everyone else cracks up.
   "Babe..." my voice lightly trails off.
   Nina isn't having none of it though. "No. Tell me does my boobs look bigger...because my fucking god they feel like they are." That's when she clasps the chair in front of her with both hands and starts wheezing in and out.
   "Babe?" That's when she psychotically laughs.  Is she fucking possessed or something?
   "Just tell me!" I know the dudes joke about their bird being hormonal...but this is just hell on earth right now. I have this crazy feeling that she's going to turn into a demon and kill me.
   I look at her tits quickly...and then look away. To my disbelief I have to double look. Because I love her...and I'm just as weirded out. "Yes." I mumble as Kyle is more or less flopping like a fish all over the piano in hysterics.
   But Mark, Tom and Woody give me that same look. They know. "I hate this." Nina starts crying as I throw both of my arms around her. I think everyone wants to laugh apart from Nina. She will in a minute when she realises why she's crying.
   "Congratulations." Woody is the first to say as the others...apart from Will and Kyle nod their heads.
   Because Nina is still sobbing in my arms I smile for the both of us. "Cheers." I whisper kissing Nina's forehead.
That's when the newbie, Cecelia, turns up in the room. I don't know how...but Nina drys her tears and stands besides me looking like a total badass bitch. Nina must smell Cecelia's sickly sweet cheap candy floss a mile off.
"Hi..." Tom says introducing himself. "Hello!" She politely says back. Tom's only here to film another documentary.
"Is everything okay? You looked kind of sad-" I vigorously shake my head. Cecelia is nice but she needs to know that she can free willingly presume Nina is things.
"I'm fine." Nina hisses as Cecelia holds both hands up in those air.
"Well then..." she tries making a light joke of the award situation — but no one else cracks a smile.
"I better make some drinks. Hot or cold?" Cecelia asks, out of all of them Will is the only one who wants tea...he just has to be sophisticated.
"Babe...you need something to drink." When Cecelia isn't looking I hold the side of Nina's stomach. Can't believe our kid is growing in there...
"I need anything but a drink right now. I'm afraid my boobs are gonna absorb it." That's when I awkwardly choke on my own laugh. Thankfully Nina for the first time ever sees the funny side and laughs with me. "It's not funny. They actually hurt." She's not even proper showing yet. Pregnancy is a weird thing. "Aw...someone's getting cranky. Do you want milk?" With that she literally pushes me into Kyle as I helplessly burst out laughing.
How the fuck am I even meant to be a responsible father? I'm a immature mess.
"Fine...fine. I'll help Cecelia in the kitchen...if that's okay?" I look towards her. Of course the long haired brown eyed girl nods her head with a smile.
"Please...it's Cecily." Thank god I can shorten down her name.
"Okay-" I giggle as Nina gives me a scolding look.
"Be right back..." I look at Nina and roll my eyes. "Just sit down." With that I follow Cecily to the kitchen area with a massive smile on my face.
I like it when my 'girlfriend' is in this type of mood.