p; chapter 12

[poppy's chapter]

x

cecelia's point of view

   AS SOON AS I GET HOME I sigh in relief as I undo my shirt buttons. My top is getting tighter by the day, I don't know how I'm not bursting out of it. I then look on my answer machine and see a missed call — tragic.

"Jesus." I mumble holding my back as I force myself up on my two feet. "I wonder who this could be." I talk to myself...only I'm not just talking to myself. I press play whilst I look out of my back garden window. The wether is nice in London today, it makes the garden looks pretty again.

"Cece! It's been a week since we last talked! How are you? I hope you told that guy you fancy to go easy on you. You have to be extra careful if things like picking heavy boxes up or moving instruments around. Especially in your condition. Anyways, I love you so much...Cecelia. Well both of you! Ring me back when you're home from work." My mother is so...over protective of me it's unbelievable.

"Alexia!" I shout as I sit down. I'll call mum up a bit later. "Play The Anchor by Bastille!" I need to shout or otherwise the damn invasive thing won't hear. "Playing The Anchor by Bastille from your Spotify." That's when the sound of Dan's voice echos though the walls as I sit down and close my eyes.

I'm living my best life. I've got everything I've ever wanted. My own house,  spacious garden, a supportive family...my baby. But I don't have my own Dan and that hurts. I then open my eyes look at my kitchen area and smile. I cannot wait to hear his or hers pitter patters of their bare feet on the tiles. It took over six failed attempts but...whoever the dad is has compatible genes.

I put one hand on my stomach and hold it. I'm two...nearly three months. I didn't want to tell Dan about it today because he told me his news. I didn't want to ruin the moment for him or take away his happiness. I then sigh at his voice. His beautiful...amazing voice.

I know I'm living in some type of fantasy or dream land. I know that. But I cannot believe that he is still with a little girl who doesn't give a shit about him. Nina just constantly verbally abuses him but Dan is just so nice he ignores it. He thinks that's her way of saying 'I love you' when it isn't.

I know I need to stop pining after Dan...but it's so hard. I just feel like I can make Dan happy and not feel so blue. When he is with me Dan becomes wide eyed...when he is with Nina he always looks morbidly depressed. "Mummy needs to get someone right?" I mean as if my little bump can speak back to me? I just close my eyes as the song turns over to a song off Bad Blood.

"Just you and me..." my voice trails off, still with my palm resting against it. "Just me and you..." That's all need at the moment.