d; chapter 4

[dan's chapter]

x

I FUCKING HATE 'sleepover' nights. It's bullshit. I hate having to sleep in the spare room while Nina and Jade gossip until morning.
   So what do I do in a time of crisis and loneliness? I invite Kyle over. Of course he arrives fashionably late in hand with a large Sports Direct bag, of which has his whole entire console system in. Kyle immediately sets it up like he's done it thousands of times before, of which he hasn't done...not here.
   "Fortnite or..." Kyle then shrugs. I roll my eyes at his very excited face. He goes back to a primary school state with these things.
   "Just put a fucking game on..." I whine sitting back on the sofa as we both look up at the ceiling where the girls are pissing themselves.
   I see Kyle smiling as the clogs slowly go around in his mind, "Ky-" as I go to question him, Kyle does a nervous dirty laugh.
"Fucking hell..." I laugh at his weird laugh.
"Sorry...sorry" Kyle apologises.
"Is her friend fit?" My eyes widen for a second as I shake my head disbelieved Kyle would ask such a loyal guy like me if my girlfriends fake friend is fit. "Of fucking course." I laugh as Kyle high fives me.
I'm such a prick it's unreal.
   "Oh yeah?" Kyle says looking at me intrigued as the blue of his PS4 menu screen glows on his pale face. "Yeah. Jade Montgomery...you've heard of her?" Kyle's eyes widen as he drops the controllers on the floor.
   "These look well expensive..." I pick the controllers up. I mean I never have the time to play any games...I'm always doing one thing or the other.
   "Dude...Jade Montgomery is my girl. Like my poster girl." I cringe. "Way too much information mate-" Kyle cuts me off as he pats my arm psychotically.
"Enough about that shit mate. Let's just play this game." I funny even ply games. In the end me and Kyle end up making simple tunes on the keyboard in the homemade recording studio that Nina gave me as a present.
"Wicked..." Kyle falls silent only for a second before he smiles. A kind of helpless smile that I'm very familiar with.
"What now?" I ask as Kyle randomly bursts out laughing.
"You never told me what happened after the scare...you know three months ago" oh god. I purposely didn't tell him the news, it's nothing personal of course. It's just that I know he'll tell everyone...before we do. In all honestly — I really don't need Sabrina to become a bitch, I've just got in her good books again. She has more or less made a plan, with blueprints — ironically, of what we're going to do and when to officially announce the news of our baby to the public.
   "Nothing happened Ky." I hiss feeling mildly awkward for lying to one of my closest mates. Even though Kyle says the first thing that comes to mind — he always has good intentions.
   He's a better man than I'll ever be.
   "Sorry man but I don't believe you. Like at all." Kyle laughs as he clicks on the in-store part of the game. The skins are pretty ugly, but still, the man-child freaks of the women's detective skin. Apparently he needs her to complete his set? What ever that even means?
   "What more do you want me to say? It was a false alarm." I lie once again. Of course when we found out about the baby there was a lot of emotional moments. In fact — we went through every single emotion until...we motivated ourselves into believing that we'll be good parents.
   It was definitely weird to see my girlfriend cry her eyes out. She's normally the tough one...well she cries when she doesn't get her own way. But this was different — her bitchiness vanished and she was this vulnerable girl. It was weird for me...since it proved when though she acts mature...she isn't.
"Bullshit. You both forgot protection...you fucked every night. It's no shit that she's up the duff." I don't say anything else, instead I stand up.
   "Where are you going?" I then point my thumb towards the door. "To the office. I need to finish the production on the next single." Of which I've forgotten what it's called.
   "It's like a Friday night Dan..." I shrug my shoulders back.
   "Call me when you're dead. I want a go." In all honestly I want to get everything done now so when the baby wants to make an appearance I can focus on him or her.
   "Sure." Kyle smiles as he clicks 'ready' whilst waiting for the server to connect.
   I leave Kyle be and walk out of the living room. I then walk upstairs and ignore the girls continuous laughter. As soon as I step foot into the studio room noise blots out. When I close the door behind me the quietness becomes loud. Which means it's my time to shine.