m; chapter 5

[margo's chapter]

x

   AS SOON AS JADE goes home the house falls silent, as so does Nina. "You've got to stop inviting your model friends around." I say whilst doing the washing up the next day.
   Nina laughs shaking her head, "it good to have a break from each other...even for one night a month." There's no point in arguing with her. I just simply nod my head.
   "What did your management say about the baby then?" I feel like I'm nothing to this kid sometimes, Nina is so secretive over it that we both forget that we really going to be parents.
   Nina makes an 'oh' sound.
   I'm guessing that she never told them about the baby yet. "It's still early days, you know?" She sits on the counter and looks around the big kitchen in boredom.
   "I can still pass my belly for bloating." Can she really though? Obviously not like that...but these model deals take months, I don't think she can blame her future baby bump for bloating.
   "Bastille are doing well by the way." It seems blunt but sometimes I just feel like I need to talk about me. We're both as bad as each other.
   "Okay...that's great?" I roll my eyes. Of course Nina doesn't want to know.
    That's when I stop washing up and dry my hands on the tea towel which sits beside the sink. "Do you know what's the time?" I ask. It's just that Bastille has a new assistant and I have to meet her in a little while.
   "Do I look like I know what the time is?" Nina holds her hands out to the side.
   She's no help...or no good. But that's what I like about her, she just doesn't give a single fuck about anything.
   That's when I look over to the microwave after remembering that it has the time on it...it's if she hasn't switched it off at the wall. Thankfully Nina hasn't, the time is 3:15pm.
   "Fuck..." I whisper.
   "What?" Nina snaps with her arms tightly crossed. "We've got to get going to the studio. We're late." Basically where ever I go — Nina goes. It's sweet, either that or she doesn't want to be left alone in a house for hours on end.
   "Great! Jade can give me company. You know...she really does like Bastille?" I don't say anything. Instead I help Nina off of the side. She tries pulling me off. "I'm fully capable-" but cuts herself off as she holds the side of her stomach.
   None of it felt real...but for a moment when her top was pulled back there's an outline of her bump. It's small, but it's there. I can't help but smile. "Are you alright love?" Nina nods her head as I help her down.
   "Just feeling a bit...achy." I put my arm around her waist as we walk towards the door slowly.

   After fighting off the press, we got into the car. The journey was short and the press followed us. We then got out of the car, Nina for some reason covering her beautiful face.
   "Mate!" Kyle laughs as he welcomes me with open arms.
   "Does that ever get old?" He points to the flashing of the cameras. We then walk away out of the hallway to somewhere more private.
   "Yes." Nina whispers as the rest of the band lads all give Nina scolds. "You-" Nina then points towards Mark...The Eagle out of all of the people.
   "Yeah?" Mark retaliates with a hiss.
   "You know I hate to ask you anything...but need your phone for two minutes. The media hacked mine." Mark laughs shaking his head as Nina growls.
   "Babe-" I pull my phone out of my pocket.
    Nina instantly sees and shakes her head vigorously. "They're all ready in your phone. That's why I got you to delete those...pictures." While the rest of the studio gives me a funny look I die on the inside of embarrassment.
   "So what? We fucking sext. Kyle is worse." Not to...name drop or anything.

   But he is so much worse with the things he sends.

   Before Kyle can argue, Nina walks out of the room...with someone's phone she probably stole and the new assistant walks in.
   The key is pretty. She's younger than me, but not like mine and Nina's age gap. She also has mouse coloured hair and a wide smile. "Cecelia" I say with a smile as she walks over to me. "It's lovely to meet you again." Cecelia seems dainty and lady like. She's nothing like my girlfriend...to be honest that's good.
   "Guys...remember Cecelia?" I ask the staring faces. Of course they all smile and nod their heads. Woody raises his left hand in silence and waves.
   "Of course we do. The pleasure is on us, shall we get you started then?" I told Mark he can introduce Cecelia and help her set up shop. He's the most mature one...out of all of us.
   "If you need anything — don't hesitate to ask. Okay?" I say with a smile. I just need to let her know that we don't bite. Through her wide white smile she looks nervous.
"Okay. Thank you" and with that she follows Mark into the reception area. Of course there's a number of essentials missing. There's no filing system for budgets for on-stage production...or merch costs. It's just a big box at the moment. We don't even have a office chair for her.
But by the looks of her happy face she clearly doesn't give a shit. She's just happy to be here, and I like that about her. This girls enthusiasm is what our grump studio needs

x

[this is cecelia.]

]