p; chapter 13

[poppy's chapter]

x

cecelia's point of view

   DAYS ARE MOVING QUICKLY. Well...one minute I'm two months pregnant, totally unbeknownst to know that I'm carrying twins and now I'm five. It's finally happened. I can't wear normal clothes, well I can but their super tight and bad for the babies. My girls. I go into reception and sit on my chair. It feels good considering I stood up the whole bus journey.

"Hey...can you do me a favour and call up...that clinic?" I nod my head looking a little confused. "And say what?" Honestly I don't really wanna get involved. "I wanna meet her. Nina has been doing my head in and honestly...we're not in a good relationship. Ever since Matty is born she's been more distant. I guess it's because he was premature and she became a ghost of her former self...it scared her and-" I cut Dan off with a sympathetic smile. "You don't need to explain. Honestly...let me just get something..." with that I stand up but one of the girls kicks my side hard. I put my hand on it as Dan smiles, "no way." He nods his head towards my bump. "Yeah..." I whisper as I look down holding my bump....I mean I'm not embarrassed or anything, just that it's been nice. Just the three of us.

"The dad..." Dan's voice trails off as I shrug. "Their dad...was just a tube of sperm." With that Dan nods his head. "I mean if he wants to walk in on their life his welcome to. I've...just...been lonely. I'm just a receptionist who has no social life. I get that I'm young but honestly — I need them. Like a purpose to get out of bed other than to make money. And the hours I work are great. A ten-to-two job....like I can work and the girls can go to daycare!" with that Dan smiles. He looks pretty thrilled for me.

"What clinic did you-" I cut Dan off. "Atlas." I smile whilst I go to the filing side of the room. "No way!" My eyes widen as Dan nods his head. "Wait...do you think." With that he looks at my bump as I hold my mouth shaking my head. "No-no...right?" We both laugh.

That's when Nina barges into the office with a face like thunder. "Explain this fucking article!" With that Nina shoves the newspaper in Dan's face. I on the other hand mind my business while freaking out inside of my head that Dan has a chance to be...their father.

   Is it bad that I hope so?

   Dan decides to read it out. "Bastille fans have been quick to point out that Sabrina Mendez and Dan Smith's child doesn't exactly look like Dan." Dan then laughs. "Seriously? I mean...Matty looks nothing like me. He has brown eyes." Dan has no hint of brown in his eyes or anything. "Just keep reading it!" Nina frantically shouts as she paces back and fourth. "Dan..." Dan's voice trails off as he shakes his head. "Read it." She hisses as Dan gulps. "Dan has also been seen by eagle eyes Nina fans going into a clinic which specialises in IVF." That's when I go to walk out of the office but I hear a slap. I turn back and see Dan holding his cheek. "We're over!" Nina cries hysterically.

   I then look at Dan's files. He gave me it so I can hide it. Basically it's all the legal shit about the clinic. I stop when I see a code. Everyone has a code to their kids parents — unnamed for anonymity. I've seen that code before. Oh my god. He's...I look down at my bump and smile as I hold it.

   "You know what..." Dan's voice breaks in sadness. "You're a fucking bitch! You expect me to father someone else's baby. I want a baby...why didn't you just...get rid of Matty and told me? Then we could've tried..." Nina doesn't explain herself. She lashes out again at Dan. "Hey!" I shout angrily. Dan doesn't deserve this.

   "He's got a weak dick anyway." Nina hisses at me. "He hasn't." With that Dan looks confusedly at me. I can see Woody watching us through the door. He has no fucks whatsoever, this is probably like a posh Jeremy Kyle show to him. "How the fuck do you know! Dan ain't got the heart to cheat on me." With that Dan looks away. It's true. His loyalty never ceases to amaze me. "For the past five years I have been trying to get pregnant. So I go to a new clinic, a private one this time...more or a chance. It's called Atlas. On my first try I get pregnant with twins. Guess who happens to be the father." I hold Dan's form up as Nina looks at me horrified. "You bitch! You fucking bitch! You planned this?!" I shake my head.

   "Coincidence. Anyway. I just found out seconds ago...literally — that's my number!" I look at Dan as he cracks a smile. "You've got to be kidding me...you know what fine! Danny — babe — we're on the same fucking page now!" With that Nina literally drags Dan out of the room.

   I then sit down as I pull out my phone and look at my text, it says my code number on it, as well as his. It's true...

   Dan Smith from Bastille is the father to my kids.