•Chapter Six•

"Okay what the hell do you want?", I snapped at Kate who had been staring and smirking at me. Tony on the other hand kept shooting knowing looks.

"I saw you gal", she whispered, sounding like she was in a horror movie and about to enter the Cursed door.

"Saw me doing what?", I asked exasperated. "I saw you exit Carl's car this morning", she giggled.

"Okay.....", I dragged while they're eyes blinked but remained focused on me. "So what?", I shrugged, trying to act nonchalant but instead earned a death glare from both of them.

"Are you two dating?, Just tell us Alex, pleeeeeeease?", Tony whined, in return, earning a glare from me.

"No...we're not.", The cafeteria suddenly got rowdy and in came Zeke. The schools hottie, and playboy.

With jet black hair, green eyes and vampire like skin, he was regarded as the hottest boy in school.

Wait until y'all meet Carl.

I gasped at my own thought. Where the hell did that come from?!!

"Um.....Alex.....", Kate called out nervously and I paused while I watched him make his way to our table, with his friends right behind him.

"Hi Alex", he greeted in his deep husky voice with a smile that could make a girl faint. But I wasn't affected. Why?

His smile is fake.

I thought as I looked up at him. "Hi", I replied before turning to face my food. "You look beautiful, well....you always do", I heard him say and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well....thank you Zeke.", I joked and continued to eat. The place stayed silent for a while before I heard their footsteps move away from our table.

"Alex!", Kate scolded and glared at me. "Zeke West was trying to talk to you. You hear me girl?, Zeke West.", I rolled my eyes.

"He's not Justin Bieber Kate, hush"

"Why did you turn him down?!", Tony exclaimed almost immediately. "He's fake.", I replied. "His smile, his game. Everything. And I hate fake people. Especially fake guys"

Kate and Tony both looked at themselves with knowing looks and then back at me. "Or is it just because you like Carl?", Their question caused me to choke on the water I was drinking.

I've been choking lately because of Carl.

I ignored my thoughts and shot glares at the both if them. "No!", I denied.

Their lips tugged upwards as they smiled at me. "If you say so", Kate said as they both shrugged.

But that question bothered me. Did I really like Carl?

••••••••••

"By next week, I'll be announcing your final project work. It holds 40% of your grades. So if you play with it, it'll play with you.", She said, throwing a look towards a few people in class. "That aside", she started before switching on her laptop.

"It has come to my understanding that most of you are having difficulties with your first project. Linsey complained about the theme.", I rose a brow.

"What did you say Linsey?", Mrs Author asked the girl behind me. "The theme is a little too difficult to handle Mrs Author."

"How so?"

"The play is mostly based on the crimes and sins committed in today's  modern society."

"Yes....go on", Mrs Author urged.

"You asked that we discuss, not less than three pages, the theme of neutrality. I'm confused as to how this relates to the play", I smirked at this.

"Creativity Linsey. It's all about creativity. Think!, You're an art student." Mrs Author sighed before searching the classroom. "What about the students who have attempted their project?, Can I hear from you?", I glanced around the room and slowly raised my hand.

"Yes Miss Petrakis!", She called out with a smile as I stood up. "The play is focused on the crimes committed by people. But this theme is to look beyond that. Neutrality, when you're  neither in the right or wrong", She nodded her head at my mini speech before looking behind me at Linsey.

"Get it now?", She asked. "No.", Linsey replied. "How can neither of them be in the right or wrong when they are criminals?", I had a feeling the question was directed at me, and the feeling was confirmed when Mrs Author smirked at me.

I cleared my throat, " What do you prefer eating for lunch Linsey?", I asked, this time facing her. She rose a questioning brow at me. "I don't know....Something light. Like eggs and bacon", she shrugged.

"I prefer eating something heavy. Like pizza", she rolled her eyes at me. "Where are you getting at?", She asked impatiently.

"We both see things differently. We both prefer different things. And we both feel differently. Everyone does. What's right in my eyes may be wrong in yours, and what I do to live may seem wrong to you, but to me, it's all I gotta do to live.", Linsey stared at me confused. She looked like she was processing everything slowly.

"Wonderful speech Miss Petrakis! Just wonderful!", Mrs Author exclaimed while clapping. "Now that is creativity!, Think students. Think!", The bell interrupted the lecture and Mrs Author picked up her laptop and bags, waved Adieu and left the classroom.

I think I just exposed my project work.

"Hey Alex...", I turned to see Linsey looking at me. "Would you mind putting me through?, I really don't want to mess this project up", she sighed and my lips formed a smile.

"Sure. Where should I start?"

*********

"I'm home", I sighed once I entered the house. Mom and Dad sat on the sofa in the living room watching Tv.

"Hey sweetie", mom greeted as Dad waved at me. "Where's Carl?, I'm so gonna kill him for letting me walk after introducing me to Ace", they both rose their brows at me in confusion and I shrugged.

"What?, I named the car, so what?", Mom rolled her eyes. "He had to finish up some business", she informed after sipping from her coffee. "Oh...", was all I said. "But he's here on Tv, come watch"

"Wait what?!", I yelled in shock at what Dad said before turning my gaze to The Tv.

Oh My God.

He was on Tv. He tied a black handkerchief over his head to hold back his hair, he was wearing this black apron to match and he was surrounded by fruits, vegetables, meat and so many food items.

I watched as he taught on how to use knives, how to cut vegetables the easy way and how to use a few difficult utensils.

"What is going on?", I breathed out in awe while staring at Carl on Tv. "This was back in L.A. A few months after he opened his restaurant. He's quite famous. You should check him online."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was rich. He was hot. He was famous. Just how perfect is he?!!!

Wait....when he came to pick me up from school the first time......they didn't stare and whisper because he was hot..... they did that because he was friggin FAMOUS!!!

I'm gonna kill him!

Was all I thought of before I stomped up to my room in anger.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I decided to add a little lecture scene for this chapter, hope I tried tho!

That's it for chapter six and for today guys!

Thanks for reading.

-snakeybb